Selling a cell phone here on EBay that was found by the seller, is it legal to sell the same?

I was looking on purchasing a smartphone here on E-Bay but it seems that this phone was found by the seller and it is locked and the seller has no idea to as of how to unlock it. They can not tell even if it works let alone what settings it has. It is possable that if I buy this phone it can be traced back to me for having someone elses item.Is it right for this person to be selling this phone?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling a cell phone here on EBay that was found by the seller, is it legal to sell the same?

Could also be stolen.

Avoid the headaches and pass it by.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'spiritofgreywolf',

"Pass it by", . . .  That's good advice.  Smiley Happy

The seller claims to have found the phone, - possible, sure, - but it has to make you

wonder where it was found and if/why no attempt was made to restore it to its owner.

You say the seller, <<can not tell even if it works let alone what settings it has>>.

You mean to say you are still considering buying something that may be stolen, but

also may not even work??

If it doesn't work and you want compensation, you will have to send it back with

Delivery Confirmation at your own expense.  After all, the seller is clearly making

no promises.

<< if I buy this phone it can be traced back to me for having someone elses item>>

Oh, 'possession of stolen goods', that sort of thing?

No offence,  but why are you even asking?  Whether or not the seller ought to be selling

is NYP (not your problem). 

Walk away.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply