Selling advice needed! (New to selling!)

I have 3 identical items and based on past advice I got here, I am listing them one by one, to avoid the impression that the market is flooded with them.  So now... finally, one of them is sold.  I am about to list the 2nd one.  Should I "sell similar", "relist", or just entirely do up a new listing myself?  I am new to EBay and selling in general and I just don't know what is best from a marketing standpoint.  If I sell similar or relist, would EBay charge me more fees and would this attract more potential buyers?

You guys have been helpful in the past so thank you in advance for teaching me the tips and tricks to selling!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Selling advice needed! (New to selling!)

If you are talking Fixed Price then I would "relist". You want to retain the sales history (for what it's actually worth?).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks friend.  What if I want to change the shipping price?  Canada Post's prices recently skyrocketed.  Can I relist in that case?  Also if I relist doesn't my ad go down to the bottom of searches?  Dunno how this works.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

When you Relist you see the second page of the Sell Your Item form.

At the bottom where you would normally click on List, there is also an Edit Your Listing link. Click on that and you go to the first page of the SYI form where you can make appropriate changes.

Sell Similar takes you to the first page of the SYI and you can make changes as you go.

I tend to prefer SS, becouse I have a touching belief that it shows my (more or less unique) items as being new listings rather than one that did not sell last month. But I could be wrong.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sorry got another question.  If I relist, would that make buyers think that the item isn't actually rare because I sold one previously, and chances are I have even more?

If you want to know what the items are, they are signed Hayley Wickenheiser hockey pucks.  She signed 3 pucks for me and I'm trying to sell my 2nd one.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks to you too.  What's "ss" that you prefer?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Never mind.  It stands for sell similar.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

But if I sell similar, would that make buyers think that the item isn't actually rare because I sold one previously, and chances are I have even more?

If you want to know what the items are, they are signed Hayley Wickenheiser hockey pucks.  She signed 3 pucks for me and I'm trying to sell my 2nd one.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

In my opinion I would have actually said in your first listing that you got 3 pucks signed at the same time and that you are debating on how many you are going to part with.

This way a serious collector may offer to take all 3 off of your hands plus it covers you "Buns" if you list the others in the future. I have been successful in the past doing this with hard to find items.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

But the advice many people gave me was NOT to give the impression I had 3 when I was selling the first one, and to avoid these collectors who would resell and then I would have to adjust my prices based on that.

But too late to comment on what I did on the 1st one now, nor does it matter now.

How do you think I should sell the 2nd one?  Sell similar, or just do a new ad?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply