Selling in Canadian dollars, what’s wrong with the eBay shipping preferences?

I tried listing a few things in Canadian dollars. However, some weird stuff started happening. Because my previous listings were in US dollars, the package dimensions and weight were in metric.

Now when I switched over to sell in Canadian dollars, the package dimensions and weight switched over to US standard, or Imperial whatever it's called. So fine I converted all my measurements and weights to the US, submitted the listing, but when I went back to revise the listing, package dimension and weight switched back over to metric however the size did not change. I.e.  8 inches showed up as 8 cm, and 1.5 pounds showed up as 1.5 kg. Also when I was trying to use metric weights, 600 g the Shipping preferences switched it over to 37 pounds. Really weird stuff.

So what did I do wrong, or what's wrong with the shipping preferences?

Is there a way to keep, or make default, metric dimensions and weights no matter what currency you use.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yeah never mind, I figured out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have no answer for you, but I think there are some serious site issues at the moment.  Take heart, you're not alone.  I just posted a question to anyone, who may know, why my items show in Romanian money on ebay.com.  As we no longer have the option to call CS, we have to email them, then wait for DAYS for an answer.  Their chat line does not work, so we're basically on our own.  Hope your issues get worked out.  Cheers

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

same here i had to take off all my listings it was changing the values from inches to cm on some auctions and reverse for others no wonder nobody was buying a cm item that was 53cm was calculating 53 inches in the shipping box reverse for some items  ... please before I relist my inventory I want to know a fix or a work around?  EBAY STAND UP AND ANSWER

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What did you do its happening to me
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

where is the defualt been looking
Message 6 of 6
latest reply