Selling in Canadian $ to US buyers didn't turn out as bad as I thought. How did you do?

Well sales were a little lower but only by maybe 5 to 10, but overall I am OK with my sales for April. 

I list on both .com and .ca and sold a total of 47 for the month of April.

on .com I sold 17 - 13 were US buyers, 2 were Cdn, and 2 international

on .ca I sold 30 - 9 were US buyers, 14 were Cdn, and 7 were international.

on .ca I have about 800 listed and on .com about 300.   Also when I changed over to Cdn $, I did reduce my prices and shipping cost for the buyer, so that is probably why I had quite a few Cdn sales.  I am also sell in a field that demand is less and less each month. 

My conclusion is that listing in US$ attracts more US buyers, however, I did have a lot more international and some US buyers listing in Cdn.   I am going to continue to list in both currencies.  I'll just move them back and forth between .ca and .com and see how it goes.  

How did you do listing in Canadian $?

Good luck with your choices.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling in Canadian $ to US buyers didn't turn out as bad as I thought. How did you do?

Well, I have had my best month ever in selling on ebay.  I normally sell about 40-70 CD's a month, I consider it a good month if I sell 50.  Well this month I have sold 120 so far and there are 2 days to go. (I did have a buyer that bought quite a few, but in previous months I have had other buyers do the same, maybe not as many but still a few)

I list on both .com and .ca and listing in Canadian $ hasn't been that bad.  I am going to continue to do both. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm moving everything to CDN funds in order to keep the shipping calculator for Canada. I don't think it will affect sales and my sales haven't changed. In fact, I think that US buyers may perceive a discount when they see the "discount" they receive on their US funds.

I really don't think the change will be a problem for me.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply