Serious bug with the shipping calculator on Ebay.ca

When I list an item on .ca with the "calculate actual shipping" option,  it doesn't always work.  I get this message for some of the smaller less popular countries and am getting way to many messages asking for shipping costs. 

"Shipping and handling

This item will ship to Zambia, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller and request a shipping method to your location.
Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code.

Item location: xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, Canada
Shipping to: Worldwide

Of course it calculates actual shipping to countries like France,  Australia,  USA etc but not some of the less popular countries.  The fact of the matter is that the 'calculate actual shipping costs' is checked and should be done automatically.  I don't want to answer 50 messages a day asking shipping cost to their country.  What's going on?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Check your blocked country list. eBay fills in some of those blocks for you.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

... or, maybe, the specific postal service selected in your listing is not available to Zambia for the size and/or weight of that parcel.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I manually went in and checked that all countries were available,  then added 5 countries I do not ship to by clicking the check box.  Those countries are blocked and the program works fine. Why would the country be listed as available to ship to if the shipping calculator can't calculate a rate?

It might just be more simple to ship to Canada and US only.  Less headaches.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It looks like the only service you have specified for overseas is Xpresspost which is not available in all countries. The countries that don't have Xpresspost should have International Parcel Air and vice versa so you should also set up a price for that service.

I'm curious...why are you using such an expensive shipping service for a $50 item?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Good catch PJ.

I have an over-size parcel I priced out for Austria. Surface or Expresspost were my options. Expresspost comes in at about $137 for me as well.

Trying a few different countries, for the OP, and the US does not work.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Trying a few different countries, for the OP, and the US does not work.

You're right. OP which CP service are using for the U.S.? If you have set up the same as the other international countries it won't work as you have to set it up by itself with a U.S service. If it is over 1 kg, I would use Expedited parcel USA.

If it is under that weight, I would use small packet air or Tracked Packet USA.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you can always check with the post office.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply