Shipping Calculator , does it reflect my venture one discount?

treasures_collectibles
Community Member

Hi I have been thinking about starting to use the shipping calculator on my listings, although I am having a little trouble setting it up.

1.When I specify my box dimensions & weight, is the rate quote for my customer coming from canada post? has everyone found it to be accurate when shipping across canada or to the USA or does it sometimes under-caluculate or over-calculate rates?

2. I have a venture one account. I don't see an option to specifiy that. I will get a discount on my shipping when it is used so is there any way I can show that so when my customers go to get their rate they can get my venture one discounted price?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, If you print your labels using Paypal then you get a 20-25% discount, so forget about the venture 1. You have two options: Calculate the full price taking the discount as part of your profit, or figure out what the discounted price will be and give your buyers a break on it.

The discount is only good for Expediated and expresspost shipping though.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

toff3
Community Member

Treasures,

Venture One membership qualifies you for Business postage rates for Expedited and Expresspost shipments, which are 5% less than Counter rates.

PayPal gives eBay shippers a 25% discount on Counter rates (or 20% off Business rates) so the Venture One discount is "built in".

Tom

Message 3 of 3
latest reply