Shipping and Returns Are Top Concerns at eBay Coffee Talk

By Julia Wilkinson
EcommerceBytes.com
October 18, 2013

Questions about shipping and tracking - especially international - as well as buyer returns and feedback were among the main issues raised by sellers asking questions at the online "Coffee with eBay" event Wednesday Oct. 16th. Leading the webcast was Jonathan Haney of the eBay North American Seller Protection effort, who, along with Don Fultz, of the North America Buyer Protection team, and Ismael Benhamida, of feedback systems, fielded questions as read by moderator Mary Windishar.

Move to a New Immediate Payment System in Progress

Among the news of the event was Haney's statement that eBay has been rolling out a new immediate payment system "incrementally to buyers."

For more: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m10/i18/s01

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"...Fultz said if eBay could see the item was in transit, "we usually put a hold on the claim," but they "understand the static 45-day window isn't probably optimal," so they were changing the window to be 30 days from the estimated delivery date in the coming months...."

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"... changing the window to be 30 days from the estimated delivery date in the coming months...."

Sounds good but does raise questions, such as: who does the delivery date estimating and are claims before that date disallowed?

This might put surface shipping to Europe back on the table as an option for me. I used to ship that way before the 6-8 week delivery time was killed by the introduction of paypal's 45 day limit.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

We should also ask  why Canadian sellers are evaluated on a Global basis.

While sellers such as those in the US and Germany are evaluated on a country basis and not globally....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply