Shipping time? GSP - USA to Canada

d_ca03
Community Member
Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to get a shipment through GSP?

I won and paid for my item on Jan 28, the seller marked as shipped on February 3. I have seen no updates with the UPAA#. I've contacted eBay and PB, and they both can't help me. PB says the item hasn't even been received in Kentucky. The sellers page says they are in Indiana. I've contacted the seller asking for their tracking info to Kentucky, but have yet to get a response.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do not waste more time.  Somehow something went wrong, most likely at the seller's end.  File a claim for non-receipt.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'd_ca03', 

<< The sellers page says they are in Indiana. I've contacted the seller asking for their tracking info to Kentucky, but

have yet to get a response.>>

That's always a bad sign.  The seller of a GSP item cannot tell a buyer where the parcel it after it arrives in Kentucky,

but he can certainly show it arrived there.  

Perhaps the seller did not want to sell to Canada and did not know his items were enrolled in the GSP (a common problem)

but his problems are not yours.  Use the link Pierre has posted to open a dispute, escalate to a claim as soon as possible,

and be sure to say it was a GSP item because you want to get back all your payment including any import charges.  

You have waited quite long enough, so do it now.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes go for the Item Not Received Dispute.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

I usually allow 20 days for arrival from the USA or Canada, whether the GSP is involved or not. While the GSP may take a little longer between seller and Kentucky, that is, I believe, offset by speeding through the border. After that it's generally in the hands of Canada Post.

From Asia I allow 30 days, because so many Asian sellers use Surface shipping.

But the problem here is the seller's lack of communication. Resolution Centre time.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I concur with every answer above. Take their advice; they are Community members who would not otherwise urge you to open an Item Not Received case if it was not necessary. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

d_ca03
Community Member
Thank you everyone, I will open a case now
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

d_ca03
Community Member
Filed a case yesterday and the refund came through this morning. Thank you everyone for your help.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply