Should I close My Ebay Store?

bare_bright
Community Member
Just wondering with this new 30 day Listing coming up, is it worth the money to have a store now?

I know alot has to do with what you sell, it seems seems 30 day listings will do the job.

Also ever since this ebay new page testing etc. my ebay like died? I am getting more sales on my Private site lol

Was selling average 10 items a day, now not even any auctions bitting, I thought Maybye it was due to the vacation season was over?

is anyone else getting Low traffic this past week, Actually really slowed down after the Crash of the new search.

another point why is my search in the Seller Dashboard set to raised on ebay.com and standard on ebay.ca

Thanks
:)
T.J.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi rockyeb220,

Closing your store is a very personal decision.

I see that you have 157 listings running at this time. Each month that costs $4.71 for your listings (157 x .03) and then $15.95 (????) for your store.

If you list all of these items under the new terms in Fixed Price in core your monthly listing fees would be $54.95 or there abouts.

The other thing to remember is that your search standing will be based in part on your sell through rate.

Get as much info as you can! Take your time in deciding.

Have a good day!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Thanks! for the doing the Math for me! The only up side for Fixed price items is they have more Visibility.

The reason I end up with so many auctions is because over the year and month by month approx 40% of Auctions sell.

if I list 10 I know 4 will sell & if I List 50 I know 20 will sell, I don't know why but it's very accurate, I had done many tests

seems to be built into ebays algorithms , I don't go I really can't figure it out but that's how it is

and for store Items it's more like 1.5 %

Thanks 🙂
T.J.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Hi
Do you think you might be starting your auctions too high? Not sure what your break even point is. I used to start my auctions close to my break even point. I have one item that I sell chipboard letters, I started out at $3.99 and they would maybe sell for another $1.00-2.00. Pretty much the rest of my auctions started at $.99. After a few weeks I was getting quite a few repeat buyers so I decided to start all my auctions at $.99. The chipboard letters were then going for close to $8.00 sometimes up to $10.00. Give buyers more opportunties to bid helps as you'll find the more bids people see the more people want it. But seeing 1 or 2 bids not so much. And my insertion fee dropped to $0.15 each.

I wouldn't start setting all your auctions at $0.99 right now as sales are slower
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
oops didn't mean to post yet.

sales are slower in the summer. Maybe try a few of your lower end items. Also you could try a store promotion in November for the Christmas season. These would make great stocking stuffers.

Also I strongly recommend 7 day auctions. You'll get much more traffic. I've tried the 1 day, 3 day, 5 day and now only do 7 day auctions. My profits have increased a lot. Besides you'll be paying 1/2 the insertion fee. For 3 day for me it's $0.15 x 2 $0.30 that only gives me 6 days. For 7 days I pay $.015. Doesn't look like alot but I'd rather have the money in my pocket.

I know I yap lots, but it's only because I've learned fairly early what works and what doesn't work. I still have tons to learn and there are some really helpful people here. Susan being very knowledgable & helpeful.

This may or may not work for you but hopefully it might help someone.

Sales are somewhat slower right now as we're winding down to the end of summer holiday and should pick up again soon. While it may not be the best time for selling it's a great time for buying. 🙂

Anyways, Good Luck
Colleen
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Rockyeb
The 30 day listing is costing more than a store, the issue becomes does the cheap store listing rate work out well for you. With stores getting zero exposure in themselves, but having cheap listing, one tends to load up the store with items because if they don't sell, it's not a huge cost like core listings are.

If loading up the store and trying to steer people to it with some core listings is meeting your expectations, then there probably is no good reason to change.

If you wish to spend less time listing and would be prepared to list fewer items that you feel have a good chance of selling, then core is probably the way to go.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Hmmm.... I think the jury is going to be out on the core 30 day listings for a while.

I expect that listing categories are going to become overloaded very quickly, and buyers will run out of patience when they always have to slog through 5000 items instead of 500.

The store model may be preferable in that case, assuming one can find other ways to drive buyers to the store.

30 day core listings are going to be a really good idea or a really bad idea, there won't be any middle ground on this one. 😮
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

From the eBay.ca Store Board:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=500034133&start=0 .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Depends on your sales model.

Since you have only few items (150), the core listings may overall perform better.

In my market, there is guys who advertise exclusively in the core and they are doing well and there are guys who have no listings in the core and they are doing well. The extreme is the guy, who has 30,000 overpriced listings, many rare on eBay, and no core listings. He has 200 transactions a month and I suspect he is just reselling someone elses's inventory and if he is having the whole system automated he might be just getting money for nothing from pure marketing power of eBay.

Since you are a PowerSeller, you must be selling more than $1000/month, means that Basic Store cost is negligible expense comparing to core listing fees. Keep it for now and see.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Well I tried 99 cent auctions for buckles and ended up selling alot of buckles at 99 cents lol

when I sell items that are hot like i sold many Cannon Cameras some box360 I agree to start them at 99 cents because there is a big market for those items.

as far as 7 days listings I never had much luck at them with buckles and wallets, for some reason 3 and 5 day auctions sell much better for me, seems when I list a 7 day item it goes on cue on a slow server and may take 12 hours to show up and after 7 days there is less traffic to that item than a five or 7 day Auction, hard to believe but thats the case with me.

I tried to figure out the system in many ways, but those are deep and not logical secrets of ebay, I found if I Take 1 item and do a 1,3,5 day auction within minutes of each other I will have 2 sales most of the time, very strange, but I figure the item is more spread around on different pages.

Believe me I have tried many different ways and have to unlock a perfect strategy, yup "HIDDEN SECRETES"

T.J.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Not everything I do works for others and not all others do work for me. You have to find your own magic that is for sure.

I agree that they need to be hot items. For me K & Company is an extremely popular brand in scrapbooking as well as pretty much anything Chipboard. When I can sell K & Company Chipboard I have the magic.

I have heard of other sellers saying their items don`t appear for hours when they list. I`ve yet to have that problem. When I list they appear right away. But I typically don`t get a lot of bids until the last couple of days. Tons of lookie lou's though...lol.

dipmicro
I don't have $1000.00 a month in sales and I remain a Silver PS. I believe I only have to sell at least 100 items each month. When I got invited to be a PS I wasn't selling $1000.00 per month either. I could never figure out if I was invited in error. I had only been a seller for just over 2 months when they invited me. And the following month they gave me Silver PS.

I've not really been able to get a clear picture of what the requirements are. When I read something in the help it is confusing. But then I can read something else and it makes sense until I read something else again. I find the Ebay help really frustrating at the best of times.

I feel for all the money that is poured into Ebay their help pages don't explain things well. But then again maybe it's just me.

rockyeb220 you will know when you need to walk away. I feel almsot every other week I should walk away as some things get to me, but I'm still having fun. When I'm not having fun any more then I'm gone. The majority of sellers and buyers are great. And no matter what Ebay throws our way we can normally find a solution to it, especially with the support in here.

Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone!
I'm off to FaceBook to play Owned~where I sell pictures for millions but sadly it is ownly OWNED money...lol.
Colleen
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

faerywishes
There is both a dollar value and number of items for each level. You only have to reach one or the other, the chart should show on the powersellers page if I recall...
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
That's right

Silver Requirements = 300 Items Sold or $3000.00 Sales per Month

That's what is Shown now

so "dipmicro" must be selling 300 items to have Silver

T.J.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Silver Requirements = 300 Items Sold or $3000.00 Sales per Month

so "dipmicro" must be selling 300 items to have Silver

How did you get to this conclusion?
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
That's what it shows when I log into the Power seller area

and the seller had Claimed they didn't even sell for 1000$ per month

That's how

T.J.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Rockeyb220, in powerseller area you see only your own numbers and they are also highly outdated. If you are able to see anything about my total sales (which I doubt, because eBay is not allowed to make such disclosure), those reports are outdated as well or inaccurate, as I am well over 300 and $3,000.

There are tools allowing to calculate the sales volume from feedback, but those are quite inaccurate as has been discussed on these boards already.

But your original question was if you should or should not close the store. Did you get it answered?
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Really... then we'll have to start charging you for your posts... by the word seems fair 😮
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
No, No

The info I get from the welcome screen b4 you jump into this forum, I would copy and paste it but it's a image

This is not the info on what I need to reach the next level

More than Likely the info is outdated and the reason I posted it was because one seller had claimed there silver and don't know why because they don't even sell that.

Am I missing something here?
T.J.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Tier Bronze Silver Gold Platinum Titanium Diamond
Gross sales US$1,000* US$3,000* US$10,000* US$25,000* US$150,000* US$500,000*
Items Sold 100 300 1,000 2,500 15,000 50,000

Here is this not Accurate? I got this from ebay help
T.J.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
rockyeb220

I think the info you have is correct. On my dashboard, when I click on my level, it states I need 900 items or $9000.00 for a 3 month period, to maintain my silver status. Which I will more than likely be a few short. Oh well, not like it really means much. I get access to a phone # to call if I have a problem. They don't provide any different info than if I had emailed. In fact it is less stressful emailing than talking to one of the bots. I get frustrated when they say "I can understand why you would feel frustrated." LOL.

Thanks ampurtle for the clarification.

Colleen:-)
Message 20 of 23
latest reply