4 REPLIES 4

Should eBay ban BAD Buyers?

Thanks for posting Pierre! I havent been around in the days of sellers being able to leave negative feedback so i cant comment on that.

But being banned for returning 10% of your purchases is entirely reasonable. The worst buyers i have are the ones that dont take the time to read the entire auction description. I find a lot of buyers look at the Title and Photo and Bid! or Buy! Then they complain when they get the item about something that has been clearly stated in the description.

From a buyers perspective, the other thing that happens is i will see an item ending an hour. But i have a question about that item. The seller may not respond in time , so i do take a chance on buying that item if the quality is in question? Who is at fault in this case? I would say its my fault but do most people own up to this?

Also, i would hold Amazon to a higher standard because most of the items are new. Ive learned to be more lenient and understanding here on eBay. Often times the sellers arent pros, theyre just guys and gals like you and me just trying to make a buck. If Amazon is the hard drinking fast lane of e-commerce then Ebay should be the pot smoking easy going love in. It would make things a lot better dont you think?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I find a lot of buyers look at the Title and Photo and Bid! or Buy!

EBay is telling us that over half of transactions now involve a mobile device.

For sellers that means:

1. more impulse buyers
  2. we should be looking at our listings on a mobile device to learn what our customers are seeing.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I find a lot of buyers look at the Title and Photo and Bid! or Buy!

EBay is telling us that over half of transactions now involve a mobile device.

For sellers that means:

1. more impulse buyers
  2. we should be looking at our listings on a mobile device to learn what our customers are seeing.

The problem specifically is the mobile template for smartphone size screens, which reduces the description of an item to the first line of text in the item description. Few buyers realize there is more text and bother to read to click to read more. They also don't appear to be taking advantage of geolocation to automatically preselect shipping locations for buyers, leading to errors and unnecessary questions. The mobile version of the site is poorly designed overall.

Optimizing with your own mobile listing template doesn't help much in this respect unfortunately as the buyer will only see if it they load the full item description, which few do.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Of course they should! And of course Ina once again fails to write anything credible because eBay doesn't need to "follow Amazon's lead" because they have been banning "bad" buyers for years, probably long before Amazon ever did.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply