So, I have been banned from bidding at one particular site. Seller says it is not them, but EBay.

My feedback from seller is 100%. They say it is EBay. Have called eBay twice. They promise to get back to me, but so far have not. Cannot get any answers. Never late with a payment, have never left bad feedback. Don't know what gives. Am I the only one?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

So, I have been banned from bidding at one particular site. Seller says it is not them, but EBay.

Sellers can block any buyer they want. It is a form of seller protection.

Some sellers have Blocks on bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes, no Paypal accounts, or from destinations they don't want to service.

If the seller won't remove the Block, move on.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You get more help by being more specific. Why not say what the site is and if it is all items or just one seller.

On a general note why are posters so coy with details that would probably lead to an instant and accurate answer to their problem instead of a bunch of hypotheses?

" I want to buy an item from somewhere but I can't!  "

Is a lot less useful than "I want to buy a three spring widget from a seller in Gondwanaland but I get a message saying 'Whatever'.

Think it through, folks. GIGO.

Do all buyers buy things that are so personally embarrassing that they can't name them?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

arlene_v
Community Member

From the feedback you have left recently it appears that in this case it involves a jewelry seller in China. Is this the only seller you are having trouble bidding with? If so, I suggest moving on ...there are many other such sellers in the virtual ocean. 

Just a heads up, please have the jewelry you buy from China checked for authenticity.  Items are listed often as sterling and gold etc. but in fact are not.  Also, the stones in these items are often fake. 

This might or might not pertain to the sellers you are buying from, but I read the jewelry forums on the .com site and there are thousands of horror stories. There have recently been reports here as well ... so buyer beware. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply