Sold an item and was charged $135.76. Buyer did not pay and got back $133.62????

mxyplyx
Community Member

I will never sell on ebay again, final credit for unpaid item was$2 and 14 cents less than sold fee charged.

These practices net ebay big bucks with all the users. Good one ebay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sold an item and was charged $135.76. Buyer did not pay and got back $133.62????

Was the item sold to someone outside the USA.

If so it's possible the exchange rate changed from

the time the item sold and you filed your unpaid item dispute.

In that case it is not ebays fault.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree, sounds like a currency exchange situation.  Billed in one period, refunded in another. Cdn dollar dropped about two points in that period.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"final credit for unpaid item was$2 and 14 cents less than sold fee charged."

The difference is most likely due to currency fluctuation.  Was the difference shown in your eBay seller account or are your fees paid through PayPal in US$ and converted in US$?

There are many ways to avoid those fluctuations.  If you sell in US$, have eBay bill you in US$ so that credits (if any) will match exactly the amount first charged. 

The other option of course is to list and sell in Cdn$ and have eBay charge your fees in Cdn$, preferably to a Cdn$ credit card.

"I will never sell on ebay again"

Frankly, that is the part I do not understand.  Why stop selling because of a $2.14 fluctuation in currency.  What would you have done if the currency had fluctuated the other way (it happens all the time) and you had received $2.14 more than paid?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply