Sold something and buyer requested to cancel but after asking why, they want it now.

Hello,

I sold something and within 10 mins the buyer requested to cancel order.  When I asked why, they replied they changed mind about cancelling.  How do I proceed?  I didn't refund money yet.  Does the buyer need to do anything?

thank you,

Rob

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sold something and buyer requested to cancel but after asking why, they want it now.

xeposter
Community Member

@jake_cardigan wrote:

Hello,

I sold something and within 10 mins the buyer requested to cancel order.  When I asked why, they replied they changed mind about cancelling.  How do I proceed?  I didn't refund money yet.  Does the buyer need to do anything?

thank you,

Rob

The buyer changed their mind about cancelling AFTER they asked you to cancel it?

Buyer: Buys item

Buyer: Asks to cancel

Seller: Asks why

Buyer: Says they don't want to cancel

----

If that what happened?

If the buyer says they don't want to cancel, then there is nothing you have to do unless you already cancelled the order.

Hope this helps!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

xeposter
Community Member

@jake_cardigan wrote:

Hello,

thank you,

Rob

The buyer changed their mind about cancelling AFTER they asked you to cancel it?

Buyer: Buys item

Buyer: Asks to cancel

Seller: Asks why

Buyer: Says they don't want to cancel

----

If that what happened?

If the buyer says they don't want to cancel, then there is nothing you have to do unless you already cancelled the order.

Hope this helps!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

How very odd.

Are you absolutely certain that they changed their mind about cancelling? Maybe they said, "I changed my mind," while they still meant about the order and not cancelling the order. If they said, however. "No, I still want **bleep**. I don't want to cancel!" that is fairly cut-and-dry. Send it after it has been paid like the Cancel Order request never happened BUT make absolutely certain that you 'dot your Is and cross your Ts' with this one. Use a tracked service and make sure you send it to the paypal confirmed address on the customer's account.

I'm not certain this transaction passes the seller sniff test. I've had a few Cancel Order requests (often for the reason their child was shopping on their mobile device while the parent was otherwise distracted) and none have ever changed their mind about a cancelled order. That is not to say there cannot be a first time for everything. 

Best of luck to you with this one. 

p.s. I have no idea what I typed to get 'bleeped'. I think I typed 'I still want it!'

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

@mjwl

Let me see. I still want it.

Alex

EDIT: Nope. Doesn't work for me...

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@ Alex: You're correct, the word 'it' is not 'bleep-worthy' and I think we can all agree there is only one 'bleepable' variation of a misspelled word with 'it' in it but that's NOT what I typed in response to the OP's situation. (At least not intentionally.) Auto-correct? I place the blame squarely on auto-correct. Or that my keyboard has a filthy mind of its own. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

@mjwl

Lol, I am trying different things, but cant make this thing change any words of mine to **bleep**

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I found out what causes the **bleep**s! When you type the  word, it replaces it with "**bleep**!" I am going to take a guess you did not add the s word in your reply where it covered it up. And, no, I am not going to start typing swear words into the discussion boards to see if it bleeps me...
Alex
PS: **bleep**

This is my POSTING id.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply