Stiffener for an 8 x 12 inch envelope

I sell automotive brochures and when shipping them to my buyers I want to add an inexpensive lightweight 'stiffener'. I have received them on occasion from other sellers but I have not been able to find them. Any suggestions? They are sort of corrugated 'plastic'.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

" inexpensive lightweight 'stiffener'"

That is a bit of an oxymoron.

Lightweight stiffener are great.  They allow the buyer to receive their item well protected from bending and folding.  However, they are not cheap.

For fourteen years I have been using 4mm Coroplast which can be purchased in sheets of 4'x8' (48"x96") at most art supplis stores and a few building supplies store (Rona, Home Depot, etc...).  Coroplast (and competitive products using different names) is used for outdoor signs (elections, etc...).

A white sheet cost about $20.00.  It will yield 54 pieces 8" x 10.5" to fit the 9"x12" envelopes (about $0.40 a piece).

Not cheap but well worth it, in my book.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

PS - You can buy smaller than 48"x96".  However, the price per square inch really goes up.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is called coroplast. It can be purchasedf rom sign shops in 4x8 feet sheets. I salvage used political signs for this purpose. I cut it with my radial arm saw but a knife will work. The local dollar store sells 2x3 feet styrafoam sheets that are lighter (so cheaper to mail), pretty strong, and easier to cut for $1.25 each.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I also watch out for stiff thin cardboard which I also use at times.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Good, cheap, light. The seller's dream.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have something similar to widgetc and I think it was sold as Poster Board. Mine measures about 20" x 30" x 3/16" and came from a US $1 Store called Dollartree.

imageelf
Message 7 of 7
latest reply