Store Fee increased???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did eBay increased the store fees for Premium without our knowledge?

I got an invoice for $66.95 (Canadian dollars) yesterday and called eBay today and told me it is my "Yearly subscription" for $66.95.  But I checked their information.

Premium monthly is $59.95 and Yearly Subscription is $49.95, both in Canadian dollar so how the heck $66.95 comes from??

Any of you have the similar problems?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Store Fee increased???

Is your store on eBay.ca (priced in Cdn$) or on eBay.com (priced in US$ and converted into Cdn$ at current exchange rate US$1.00 = Cdn$ 1.34))?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

By the way, what was your store fee last month?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

This is a head scratcher, for sure. I dug around until I found this:

Monthly subscriptionC$19.95/monthC$59.95/monthC$199.95/month
Photobucket
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

I have a store on EBAY.COM, and my last month fee was 199.95 USD (about 270 CAD).

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both are listed in US dollars.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

"Both are listed in US dollars."

???

Your original post read:  "I got an invoice for $66.95 (Canadian dollars)"

Is it a simple case of you having your store on .com as suggested earlier priced in US$ and being billed at the Canadian dollar equivalent?

If so, the same thing would have happened last month.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I should be charged $59.95 not $66.95, it has nothing to do with US dollars.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Once again, two simple questions:

Is your store on eBay.com or eBay.ca?

How much were you charged the previous month?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Both! Is there a difference  between ca and com?   Last month was $59.95 Canadian.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

"Both! "

???

Do you have two stores?

A store is either opened on eBay.ca or eBay.com.

The fee on eBay.ca is expressed in Cdn$ while the fee on eBay.com is expressed in US$

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Once again, a month later:

A store is either opened on eBay.ca or eBay.com. While listings appear on both eBay.com and eBay.ca, a seller cannot have a store on both sites.  It is one or the other.

The fee on eBay.ca is expressed in Cdn$ while the fee on eBay.com is expressed in US$ (and converted to Cdn$ if the seller wishes billing in Cdn$)

Now, how does the monthly fee appear this month?

Same as last month?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pierre don't you EVER listen and accept it??  I do have both store on eBay.ca and eBay..com. Even with free promo lists, which I listed on both sites.   Now please accept it as a fact.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

"don't you EVER listen....?"

Of course I do.  I have been helping hundreds of eBay users on these boards (.ca and .com) for seventeen years.  That can only be done by listening, reading carefully and trying to understand the true nature of the problem.

At the beginning (over a month ago) you wrote

"I got an invoice for $66.95 (Canadian dollars) yesterday ... Yearly Subscription is $49.95, both in Canadian dollar so how the heck $66.95 comes from??"

I asked "Is your store on eBay.ca (priced in Cdn$) or on eBay.com"

You replied: "Both are listed in US dollars."  That clearly did not answer the question.  Your original post refers to ONE invoice for Cdn$ 66.95.

I then explained "Is it a simple case of you having your store on .com as suggested earlier priced in US$ and being billed at the Canadian dollar equivalent?" 

You now state " I do have both store on eBay.ca and eBay..com"

Once again, a user can only have ONE store.  It can be on eBay.ca (priced in Cdn$) or on eBay.com (priced in US$).

For example I have one eBay store for which I receive one monthly invoice.  If you are logged on eBay.com, the URL will be

http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Stamps-at-Fair-Prices

If you are logged on eBay.ca, the URL will be

http://stores.ebay.ca/Quality-Stamps-at-Fair-Prices

It is one and only one store.  Like all sellers I can list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com and listings will appear on both sites as long as shipping information is supplied for both countries,  But that has nothing to do with your original question about a specific amount charged to your invoice for your one store.

Let me repeat the questions once again:

Is your store on eBay.com or eBay.ca?

How much were you charged the previous month?

and add a new question:

How much were you charged for your eBay store this month?

With replies to those questions, it should be relatively easy to explain what the problem was.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

I just realized that I have been being charged the store fees every month in US. I have not listed on ebay.com for a long time, I always use .ca. I'm subscribed to .com, (no idea why or how that happened when I only use .ca) How do I change that?

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

@ryan.oneill wrote:

I just realized that I have been being charged the store fees every month in US. I have not listed on ebay.com for a long time, I always use .ca. I'm subscribed to .com, (no idea why or how that happened when I only use .ca) How do I change that?

You want to change your billing currency?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/billing-currency.html

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

No, the $19.95 a month is being charged US so I'm being charged $26 CDN a month instead of $19.95 CDN. I just upgraded to a premium store yesterday so instead of the $60 CDN I'll be charged $60 US which is approx. $18 more a month. This is a nice little scam they have going on here. I always go on .ca only. What's the benefit I'm getting for the $18 extra in exchange rate? To list on .com? Is that it? I don't list there so I'm getting ripped off. I called customer service and they were clueless as usual.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

You have a yearly store subscription? The store fee isn't  based on where you list but on where you opened your store.  It sounds as if your store was originally set up on .com rather than on .ca.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

@ryan.oneill wrote:

No, the $19.95 a month is being charged US so I'm being charged $26 CDN a month instead of $19.95 CDN. I just upgraded to a premium store yesterday so instead of the $60 CDN I'll be charged $60 US which is approx. $18 more a month. .... I always go on .ca only. What's the benefit I'm getting for the $18 extra in exchange rate? ... I called customer service and they were clueless as usual.

You would have to close your store on eBay,com and open a store on on eBay.ca to switch currencies BUT if you are paying yearly you have to wait until the end of your 12 month period or you will get hit with early closure fees and end up paying more.

And there is no guarantee that the fees will remain unchanged. 10 years ago eBay did take exchange rate differences into account when setting fees for eBay.ca (then we moved to the years of near dollar parity when eBay didn't bother). eBay HQ just hasn't woken up to the fact that the exchange rates are not close to par anymore...

You picked the eBay site to open your store on.

At the moment, the only exchange rate difference for fees between the 2 sites for stores is the monthly fee.

-..-

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Store Fee increased???

I had the same problem and fixed it a few months ago. I opened a store on the ebay.com page years ago.

The only way they can switch from US to CDN if you close your current store subscription, wait a month after you confirmed the store cancellation and then re-open a store on the ebay.ca page. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply