Stupid excuse from a non paying bidder

2hormy
Community Member
This people think we are morons:

Hi Good Afternoon, I have just found our babysitter (who just turned 13) on the computer placing bids
and have just noticed that he apparently has bid on several items. I dont't know what he bid on,
however due to the circumstances I would like to know what the product is and how much. I apologize
for the inconvienence, however I believed I locked the computer when I was away, however that is not
the case. Thank you for your time. I will be contacting e-bay to advise them as well.

What do you guys think?
I am tired of this situations.
Dan
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

moogie1*
Community Member
People will try anything won't they.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
report him to eBay.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

long_hitter
Community Member
I had some similar, just filed a NPB and got my fees back.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-underage-users.html

Report them.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
Hi there:
I think we have all, by this time, had our share of "non-paying excuses" Someone (eg. child, girlfriend, brother) used my account is a very common one.

When I get this dreaded e-mail, I copy out the portion of the e-bay buyer blurb that states: Placing a bid on an item is a legally binding contract....etc. and e-mail it to the buyer. This doesn't always work, but I've had good results on several occasions. If the buyere is telling the truth, and someone actually did use their account, this makes them aware that it is still their responsibility to pay. They can take it up with their guilty party themselves.

Just a note here: I have 5 children. 3 of them teenagers and never once has any of them bid on an item without my knowledge. They shop on e-bay often and are allowed to put items in the watchlist for our "approval" but they know they cannot actually bid. Sooo...."my teenage daughter just bought $100 worth of makeup" doesn't hold any weight with me at all.

Just for fun....post your craziest non-paying excuse.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Joy

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

2hormy
Community Member
I did report them of course.
I will get the fees back, but the time wasted is what I don't like.
For an excuse like that one, she/he deserves a negative as well.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply