Summer sales really slow down?

Summer sales really slow down? My sales are 80% down.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

With the conflict at Canada Post, sales will be even slower. 😞

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Its slow global.China is taking over with cheap prices and low shipping cost .Its not only online business who suffer.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Mine are also slow which is unusual because summertime is normally steady for me. I expect this is the result of the looming lockout at Canada Post. Most Canadians are aware of it and are changing their shopping habits accordingly. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Mine are also slow which is unusual because summertime is normally steady for me. I expect this is the result of the looming lockout at Canada Post. Most Canadians are aware of it and are changing their shopping habits accordingly. 

July 5: "Canada Post advertising a possible work stoppage has already resulted in a 75 per cent decline in parcels and a 50 per cent decline in letter mail"

-..-

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really should we believe Canada Post???  In fact I was told by my friend who works at Canada Post that the volume of parcels has increased in a large number due to eBay, Amazon, other online businesses.  Canada Post is trying to "dupe" us into believing them what they said.  They are at huge profits!!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thing we are leery to ship any items since Monday as it was supposed to be on strike on July 2, then on Wed, then this Friday.  Canada Post cannot blame us for that.   Blame themselves for "playing" with us!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Funny I was told the exact opposite by a postal worker and I believe her as I know when the mail truck gets there, how much there is and what is on the shelves for pickup. What proof do you have for your post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Blame the uinion for not filing strike notice which they supposedly voted on months ago

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

My point was that I think consumers are avoiding shopping online where possible now because they don't want or know how to confirm what shipping method their seller may use, and don't want to run the risk of their item siting in limbo for a month.

While I'm quite certain that large retailers like Chapters and Old Navy and Walmart (which normally use Canada Post to send me my stuff) are sourcing couriers for domestic sales, the average ebay buyer is going to assume their seller uses Canada Post. And who can blame them? A n ebay seller has either the choice of picking Canada Post calculated rates to display in their listing, or a generic Standard Shipping (flat-rate) which sheds no light whatsoever on the method of delivery the seller may hope to use.

I don't think anyone is even looking at my listings now. And hasn't for about a week. 

While it's not unusual to have dry spells, this one is sustained. I'm open but no one is here to look. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Sales on Ebay have been way down for a lot of sellers way before the postal fiasco reared it's ugly head.

It has only made it worse.

The economy is also not as rosy as a lot of governments tend to post. Housing prices are huge, the oil industry in in the toilet, personal debt is huge, as well as the EU mess right now and huge unemployment in a lot of Europe.

I was referring to honey's comments, not yours.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I know you were replying to honey but I hit reply and it went to you as the most recent in the thread. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Really should we believe Canada Post???  In fact I was told by my friend who works at Canada Post that the volume of parcels has increased in a large number due to eBay, Amazon, other online businesses.

The volume drops I quoted are for the last 2 weeks.

And I do believe those -- I can see how little my local postal outlet is shipping out at pickup time this July. Canada Post and CUPW scare tactics have worked. Meanwhile parcel volumes at UPS and FedEx are up in the last few weeks.

Your friend would be correct for yearly parcel volumes -- but not for the last 2 weeks.

-..-

Message 13 of 13
latest reply