Suspended Account

envirosponsible
Community Member
Hello there fellow Power Sellers. I have some advice-do not allow your account to be suspended! It is an absolute nightmare. Please note that I am not a bitter person and I really do love selling on eBay. This isn't an attempt to portray eBay in a negative light-I'm simply looking for any chance of getting my listings back and giving all you other sellers a heads up. Here is the email that I've sent to eBay in hopes of clearing up this fiasco:

Good day,

My eBay user ID is envirosponsible. I'm a Power Seller, and I won second place in last year's eBay Canadian Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Since then I've had interviews on AM1010, CTV and Metro. I'm currently opening a retail establishment that will have an eBay drop off. My success can be attributed to my dedication to customer satisfaction and the power of eBay.

Over a year ago I experimented with opening a second eBay account, envirosponsible_industrial. I found the second account to be time consuming and decided to stop using it. I contacted eBay and asked to close the account. I was told that closing the account wouldn't be necessary, that if I simply stopped using it the account would lapse. I had been using a free Selling Manager feature with the second account, and unbeknownst to me, the fees for the manager that I thought were free were actually accruing each month. I received several emails telling me that I had an outstanding fee. I replied, explaining that I had tried to cancel the account and would like to discuss the matter. I received several "canned" email responses (which I recognized very well since I had worked at WebHelp previously) stating the same message again and again. I asked that someone call me to discuss the matter since emails were clearly not working. After some months and many canned emails had passed, I gave up on trying to explain the situation and allowed the account to remain dormant and unpaid.

I thought the matter had gone away until last week when I tried to log into user ID envirosponsible and received a notice that my account had been suspended. After many trying emails I was able to pay the outstanding $13.74 and finally had envirosponsible reinstated, only to learn that all of my over 1600 listings were now gone. I called the Power Seller number several times to see what had happened to the listings. I was told that the listings were gone and there was nothing I could do to get them back. I asked for a solution, to speak with someone who would care about my predicament. All I received was "that's what happens when an account is suspended," and "we don't have supervisors".

This has been a very frustrating experience, and I'm ready to throw in the towel. I can't believe that not one person at eBay would care that they traded a one-time payment of $13.74 for the over $600 I was paying eBay each month. Yes, my account was reinstated, but what about my over 1600 listings? I worked on those listings for months!

Please offer me a solution, or at least tell me that my listings are ABSOLUTELY irretrievable. If I can't have my listings reinstated I may not continue selling on eBay-which would be a terrible disappointment for me as I truly love the experience.

Chad Pescod
envirosponsible
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Suspended Account

Read the thread entitled 'My ebay Nightmare'. A similar thing happened to Marcello - he's probably the best person to advise you on this.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

alero0
Community Member
Try reading this thread; MY EBAY NIGHTMARE, A WARNING...THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!! (cello10)
It might give you a few ideas
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

whoscloset
Community Member
oy! I agree with the above posters. I remember this happening to Marcello and he was able to get at least a portion of his listings back.

Best of luck.

Monique

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

dreamcoll
Community Member
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully ebay will be able to get your listings back. Good luck.

I save every description that I write up, so if that happened to me, it'd be time consuming but at least I wouldn't have to rewrite every one of them, just copy & paste.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

eureka9988
Community Member
Boy, saving every listing. That does sound like a lot of extra effort but maybe a very good idea!
Renee
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

ddc*stuff
Community Member
how about just downloading them to turbo lister.. I think i'm going to download turbo lister and do that right now... uggh how awful
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

Ok, so let me get this straight - you decided not to pay a $13.74 bill just because you could not get eBaY to call you -- ok, am I the only one that thinks this is nuts or am I missing someone.

Who is gods name thinks that eBaY will call them to discuss anything -- you of all people should have known this - so you have no one else to blame but yourself.

As for the missing 1600 postings - thats another issue, since we all know eBaY does keep records of listings for at list 90days they should be able to pull them up but the question is --- will they spend the time to do it?

TIM @ FTL
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

bestshowtime
Community Member
I have some advice-do not allow your account to be suspended! It is an absolute nightmare.
Really!!!
Do you know that power seller board members can help you to be suspended!!!! Do you need names???B-):^O?:|
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

bestshowtime
Community Member
I was suspended from E-bay just because powersellers member report me by the group more then 100 complains!!!
That was something!!! None - any buyers complains!!!
So look around!!! There no friends!!! There just jealous E-bay members if you nave success in E-bay business!!!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

envirosponsible
Community Member
Thanks for everyone who showed some support. No thanks for anyone who decided to rub salt in my wounds. Of course I know I screwed up. I was looking for a solution from eBay, perhaps the same type of customer service I provide my customers.

That said, after some kicking and screaming, my listings were put back into my "unsold" section in my eBay manager. It cost me over $100 to list them all again, though in the grand scheme of things that's not a big deal compared to my over $5000 sales per month. I'm grateful to be rocking again, even if I was down for almost a week.

Chad
envirosponsible
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

whoscloset
Community Member
I'm glad you were able to recover them. Sometimes you have to kick and scream a little to get some results. 😉

Monique

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

Jumped in here too late to help out, but you figured it out Chad...kick and scream!
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Suspended Account

bestshowtime
Community Member
Monique!!! YOU is one of them who report me!!!
Wow! And you still give advice!!!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply