The U.S. - Fareed Zakaria on CNN

Fareed Zakaria is an intersting person.  He manages to put together a program that provides many answers/options for the U.S.'s many problems.   Tonights show is called Memo To The President.  He has many "experts" or people with the experience to give educated opinions. 

I also get a lot of interesting information.  There is a huge problem with the U.S. Income Tax system.  The U.S. tax code is unmanageable and unworkable.  It is 73,000 pages long.  Every year, it costs the U.S. $460 billion to collect the income tax.  Every year, over $400 billion in tax does not get collected from those who owe it.  

It will be a long time before Iran can get enough bombs to become a threat.  They may be developing a nuclear bomb but when they do, they need to test it.  Where and how will they accomplish that.

Israel is rapidly pissing the U.S. off.  The U.S. does not want war in the middle east.  They can't put troops on the ground - both financially and politically.  They are in a position where they have the "teeth" to prevent Iran from using an A-Bomb.  Israel does not - yet they think they do.  Israel is more likely to provoke the use of the bomb than the U.S.  Israle is ignoring the U.S.'s advice but still expecting support.

The relationship between the U.S. and China is delicate.  To some degree, the U.S. is dependent on China.  The U.S. needs to form a partenership with China.  The relationship was almost destroyed by the words of Mitt Romney during the last election. 

There were too many other things to begin listing them here.  It is a program well worth watching.  And nobody is asking to have Zakaria deported.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hommesc
Community Member

I like Mr. Zakaria.  His show always makes me wonder why nobody (in the U.S.) is listening to what he's saying.  He's a very smart man. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

Sorry can't watch, I'll be channel hopping this evening. NFC football final just starting and Crosby and the Penguins at 7:00 in New York.

AFC champions are the San Francisco 49ers decided earlier tofay.

Go Leafs go!

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 3
latest reply