The seller doesn't respond to my messages.

Hi.

On may the 4th i ordered a tablet from a China based seller and since he has good ratings ,i decided to purchase it.After 16 working days,it's still not in transit and the seller isn't responding to any of my messages.Also,on the listing it specified that the item location is in mainland China but the shipping carrier is Sri Lanka post (SL Post) and the provided tracking number isn't working.

What should i do now ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The one part of this transaction you don't have to worry about it that the shipping is by Sri Lankan post.

It is not unusual for businesses to ship using an offshore postal service when they can arrange cheaper rates. For example, we recieved a Southeby's Auction catalogue the other day which was postmarked Liechtenstein, when the company is in London England.

And a really crooked seller wouldn't go to these lengths. He'd just say he used China Post.

Not a surprise, Chinese sellers are poor communicators and often the communication is meant to soothe the buyer into accepting the unacceptable.

China based seller and since he has good ratings

A 'good' rating is 99% positive feedback.

A 97% feedback is horrible.

Did you read his negatives? Did they show a pattern of slow shipping or poor quality merchandise?

and the provided tracking number isn't working.

This is a worry.

It often takes 30 days for a shipment to arrive from Asia, so your 16 days is not necessarily a problem.

That the seller used another postal service is not a problem.

His poor communication is not a problem.

But the accumulation of concerns PLUS a bad tracking number is definitely a problem.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If you can enter a reason, the tracking number is it.

There will be a delay, in part to allow time for the shipment (if any) to arrive, but if the seller cannot prove delivery (and it's delivery, not shipping) you will be refunded.

You should be aware that your tablet will be an off-brand item. The Western brands sold directly from China are usually counterfeit, since the entire genuine order made in China is pre-sold the to Western company.

And it costs over $40 to return an unsatisfactory item to China with confirmation of delivery if the item proves to be Not As Described.

I hope this goes well, and that you don't have any of the problems I have outlined. They are mostly 'worst case' scenarios.

But do add more questions to the thread as they come to you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Take a look at the listing.

The Chinese seller offers a table showing 30 calendar days to deliver to Canada.

Patience.

PS - His feedback is NOT that great with lots of neutral and negative comments.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi.

Thank you both for your answers.

@Reallynicestamps

You said that i should open a dispute about the bad tracking number and if he can't prove the delivery i will get a refund but what happen if after a long long time in another country (mine) the parcel finally arrive ? How would i proceed to pay back the seller ?

Also,do i have to wait until July 11 (the last estimated delivery date)  to open a dispute ?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There is no point in filing a dispute at this time.  If the item has not arrived after 30 days (as stated in the listing), and the seller does not reply to your inquiry, then you can file a claim.

If you get a refund and your item arrives at a later date, you can send the money to your seller by using "Send Money" at PayPal.  The alternative is to let the seller know at that time and let him send you an invoice.

The seller email address is available from your payment at PayPal.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Okay.I will wait and see what's happening and if after July 11 nothing is happening,i will then open a dispute with the seller.

Thank you both for your quick and useful answer !
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

July? No that would be too late.

The date to mark on your calendar is the last date that eBay thinks the purchase will be delivered.

After that you have up to 30 days to open a Dispute.

So if your purchase was May Fourth, and that last day is June Fourth, you can open a Dispute at any time up to July Fourth.

After that eBay 's deadline for disputes passes.

However,you would still be covered by Paypal's Buyer Protecion.

My main concern is that the tracking number does not seem to track on Thailand Post.

http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en

The rest, including the time delivery will take, is normal for overseas purchases.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply