The seller refunded the transaction after two days of purchasing the item without contacting me .

m94a96
Community Member

The seller refunded the transaction 2 days after I won the auction without my permission or without contacting me, does he not have a legal obligation to ship the item?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The seller refunded the transaction after two days of purchasing the item without contacting me .

Maybe the house burnt down or they were burgled.

However not telling you why they refunded is poor customer service.

Your recourse is to leave appropriate feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Not without the payment.

Does the seller ship to Canada at all? Many US sellers do not ship outside the Lower 48 states. Which is really really annoying for Americans in Hawai'i or Puerto Rico.

If he does not ship outside the USA, he is not required to accept your bids or payment.

If he did not block non-US buyers, he should offer a Mutual Cancellation , which would be polite and get his fees refunded as well as allowing him to relist the item since the original transaction is void.

Leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Refused to ship and refunded money." covers it. At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction gets Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply