Third Party Insurance for non-Paypal Item

I'm preparing the shipping label for an item paid by check which was not bought via eBay.......... Private purchase................ $1,000.

Does anyone know if there's any point in buying TIP for such an item?

That is, if anything goes wrong how would I make a claim without firm proof of payment?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why would you need proof that the buyer paid you? Wouldn't the insurance still hold if you were sending your grandchild a family heirloom christening gown?  

In any case, ask the insurer.

You would probably need proof of mailing and possibly proof of delivery.

I gather that shipinsurance is reliable for one-off insurance purchases. Haven't used it myself though.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well.......... when I file a claim with the PO i need paperwork to show the value of the item and that's easy with paypal receipts.

I assume that making a claim with TPI would require something to show how much the payment was as well.

I'm just not sure how that would work because the number is sort of arbitrary between the buyer and me and would they honor the claim just on my say so?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

femme.  thank you for taking the time to help  Smiley Happy

I'm going to see if I can this back to the seller's board because I'm still not sure what to do.

Maybe someone there has a made a non-paypal TPI claim.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"the number is sort of arbitrary between the buyer and me"

If it is a commercial transaction, you will simply need copy of an invoice from you to the buyer, showing the amount and form of payment (cheque).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank You Pierre.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply