Timing out. Suspicion of fraud

Hello! I ordered the product on September 29, November 29 in online tracking it was on the way. Therefore, I did not open the case. In December, the seller wrote that the product are returned to him. I offered to send back the product. Seller demanded an advance payment for shipment. I said that at first I want to receive the parcel. Timing out. But can I report fraud?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No -- this is a disagreement about payment.

You saw that the parcel had been sent to you, but the seller reported that it had been returned to him.

You should be aware that the shipping charge you paid was used in to ship it (unsuccessfully).

You told the seller that you still wanted the item.

The seller, who probably paid return postage when he got the parcel back, because that's what the USPS does, is reluctant to pay postage on the item a third time.

So.

What was the reason for the return?

Was the address incorrect? Was the parcel not picked up promptly when it got to your address?

Both of these are YOUR responsibility, not the seller's.

Was the parcel marked undeliverable, even though the correct address was on it?

That's the PO's responsibility, but good luck getting them to admit it.

Was the parcel underpaid and returned for more postage?

That's the seller's responsibility.

But in none of these is fraud involved.

I offered to send back the product.

I'm guessing that you asked that the product be sent back to you.

Since more than 60 days have passed, you are not going to be able to appeal to eBay/Paypal for resolution. It is unlikely that your credit card would give you a chargeback at this late date, either.

My suggestion would be to ask the seller if he will split the difference on the return shipping. If he is still reluctant, ask for a refund of your original payment.

You really don't have any tools to force the seller to do anything. (Even to refund your original payment). So keep it calm and friendly.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

No -- this is a disagreement about payment.

You saw that the parcel had been sent to you, but the seller reported that it had been returned to him.

You should be aware that the shipping charge you paid was used in to ship it (unsuccessfully).

You told the seller that you still wanted the item.

The seller, who probably paid return postage when he got the parcel back, because that's what the USPS does, is reluctant to pay postage on the item a third time.

So.

What was the reason for the return?

Was the address incorrect? Was the parcel not picked up promptly when it got to your address?

Both of these are YOUR responsibility, not the seller's.

Was the parcel marked undeliverable, even though the correct address was on it?

That's the PO's responsibility, but good luck getting them to admit it.

Was the parcel underpaid and returned for more postage?

That's the seller's responsibility.

But in none of these is fraud involved.

I offered to send back the product.

I'm guessing that you asked that the product be sent back to you.

Since more than 60 days have passed, you are not going to be able to appeal to eBay/Paypal for resolution. It is unlikely that your credit card would give you a chargeback at this late date, either.

My suggestion would be to ask the seller if he will split the difference on the return shipping. If he is still reluctant, ask for a refund of your original payment.

You really don't have any tools to force the seller to do anything. (Even to refund your original payment). So keep it calm and friendly.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply