'Tis the Season

Getting lots of "Where is My Item" questions the last week or so. 'Tis the season to be impatient I guess.
I believe that eBay really needs to push the fact that we have no control over shipping times. If we ship an item within 1 day or less, then that DSR should never be allowed to come into play. After that, it is up to the postal companies to do their work, not ours. Many small items cannot be shipped with tracking as it is too cost prohibitive for the buyers, so the eBay promise to the seller of "ship within one day and provide tracking and you automatically get a five star rating for shipping time" is total BS.

And GET RID of the "Where's my Item" question. If they want to know where their item is, have them call the post office, not send us a stupid email asking where it is.
All good sellers include accurate estimated ship times in their listings, and send an email detailing same after the item is shipped. But still, buyers cant read, (or don't want to), and they hold us accountable at gunpoint with shipping time DSRs, even though we bust our a$$es getting the item shipped out within one day EVERY TIME. Do away with shipping time DSRs once and for all, and listen to your good sellers.

Thank God for website sales - no kindergarten DSRs to deal with there.
K...I'm done now.
Thanks for listening, and Merry Christmas to all, and to all at eBay, you know I'm right!

AXE
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

'Tis the Season

LOL

Same thing every year around this time.

Yesterday, I had a gal purchase a model airplane kit and she emailed me to make sure I shipped it right away as she needed the item for Christmas. She is located in the USA. Funny but "mutual cancellation" it was.

Our 30-day shipping time DSR just dropped to 4.92 from 4.97 this week alone.

I agree that the shipping time DSR needs tweaking as many (most) buyers believe this pertains to transit time.

Merry Christmas!
Bernie
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

Personally I am not going to sell at all in December next year, too much trouble for what I get out of it.

Next year will be a merrier Christmas!

Cheers!

Catherine
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Personally I am not going to sell at all in December next year, too much trouble for what I get out of it.

Next year will be a merrier Christmas!

Cheers!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

In all the years that I sold on eBay....I stopped my listings on the 15th of November if not a week earlier because of the shipping nightmares!

I never sold in December!

Merry Christmas!
Susan
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

I hear what you're saying, Susan, but these silly DSR's won't control our business.
Between mid Nov and mid Dec, we easily sell 15-20 k of product annually, so closing during this time of the year would be crazy. My point is, is that eBay needs to adjust or better yet, do away with shipping time DSRs altogether.
If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was the people in charge at eBay personally having to deal with shipping time DSRs and buyers asking "where is my item" all the time, they would understand instantly that there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed here....Powersellers, keep on beating this drum in forums etc, and maybe soon the powers that be at eBay will wake up and deal with this problem once and for all. X-(

Cheers everyone, and Happy Holidays!
AXE
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

We had our best sales ever in Nov. and Dec. So far only one did not show up...so that was great. Last year had no problems.

I agree with AXE...would never think of not selling at this time. Too lucrative.

SO
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

Same here. Produced record emails, complaints, etc but also record sales and profits in December.

It all goes with the season and the territory lol.

Bernie
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

The strange thing is that my DSR for shipping time went down when I closed my store temporarily during the first part of December. I shipped all previous purchases & auctions within 2 business days, or sooner, as per my TOS (I usually ship within 24 hours) in spite of all that was going on at home after the passing of my son-in-law.

I re-opened my store and all of my DSR's, including shipping time, have risen again. I had only 2 people ask where their item was and I explained to both that they had purchased after CP's "suggested shipping date". Both were very understanding.

Even with closing for awhile, both in early December & for a few days over Christmas, my Dec. sales are higher than November's and are close to last year's when I was open all month.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

'Tis the Season

bighillbargains1
Community Member
Same here. Record Sales in November and December and loads of "where is my item" now. Offered upgrade to Xpress Shipping for just a few bucks more if wanted for Xmas, but nobody upgraded!
Just received a neutral for not getting it for Xmas. I told this customer that it most likely will not arrive in time for Xmas and that I will upgrade to Xpress for half the cost. His answer was, no thanks, expedited is fine.
I also have 4 insurance claims to file with CP, 3 for items lost and 1 for damage. We'll see how that goes.

I'm not complaining, overall it was a great couple of months!
:-D
Message 9 of 9
latest reply