To leave honest feedback or not to?

Just wondering as sellers, what's everyone's take here on leaving feedback for a transaction where the seller performed badly. Do you leave honest feedback? No feedback?

I bought 4 balls of yarn from a seller and they short shipped me one. No problem but then I had to send the seller a second email about it 3 working days after I sent the first email and the seller was still actively listing during this time. So then the seller ASKS me if I want them to send the other ball and I respond whatever is easier for them, just to let me know either way. Well 7 days later, no refund, no yarn, no response. I email the seller again and now 3 days later, still no response but I did get the yarn...in the WRONG color. No biggie, I'll use it but can't believe this guy has avoided a neg or neutral all this time.

I try to be open minded and give people a break but if I was to be honest this guy would get a neutral from me stating his shortcomings and then I'd give him a 2 for item as described and a 1 for communication. I just hate to be so cynical even when it's the truth!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe split the difference with a neutral - just a gentle rap on the knuckles?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Feedback is not that relevant anymore.

Make sure the DSR you leave properly and honestly reflect every aspect of the transaction..
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A honest DSR..? Such thing exist..? 😉
If my buyers will be honest, they will surely leave 2 stars for the shipping time (usual 2 weeks to US is SLOW) and I will be forced to close my business. I hope they NEVER EVER will be honest leaving DSR 😉 . I had a "honest" US buyer recently - she left a feedback "it took 10 days to arrive here") and left 1 star. Recently I got 2 inquiries from US just 5 working days after I shipped the items - and now, I am just waiting for "honest" DSR 😉 Wow!!!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don't like leaving poor feedback either but some sellers just beg for it. I would rate him accurately since his communication was poor and he made a second shipping error. His customer service needs improvement.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I had a similar situation from a TOP Rated seller from the USA
I bought a dozen different items, asked if they gave combined shipping to problem, I ended up paying $30 for the items - which cost $12 to send. Received my order, some of the order was wrong. I had to email the seller 4 times before he even responsed....he sends me an email with the tracking #, no explanations. I respond saying I had no problem about receiving the order, just about the used stuff. No response, email again, only to be berated for being nasty and that he sent me another one. How did I know that? Was never told.....

Well let me tell you now I am p**sed, told him he needed to go back and reread my emails, because I didn't start out that way.

I hate dissing sellers but what would you have done.

This was the service I received from this particular Seller

#1 - item was not as described
#2 - communication non existence, too down right nasty
#3 - excellent shipping time (not bad)
#4 - shipping cost - not good, not impressed

your call
Message 6 of 6
latest reply