Tracking information error

Hey all,

I sold and shipped an item today

went in to add the tracking number to the transaction after I marked it as shipped

and accidentally added the tracking number to the wrong item that i sold today but has not been shipped yet.

I quickly realized my mistake and marked the item as not being shipped, this removed the tracking number from it.

but when I try to add the tracking number to the item that it is suppose to be attached to i get an error saying that the tracking number is already in use by another item. I cannot add it at all.

any input would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hlmacdon
Community Member

If memory serves, I believe the work around was to go to the item with the wrong tracking number, then edit the tracking information. Clear out the tracking field then put the carrier as Other. This should remove the tracking number from that transaction record, otherwise if you just change the tracking number with the correct one, it appends the original one as a secondary shipment for the transaction rather than deleting it. That should then allow you to use the cleared out tracking number on the correct transaction.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

that worked thanks

the number no longer showed under the item but when I clicked ADD it was still there

I just went in and deleted it and it worked

thanks!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply