Turbo Lister and Old Sales to Relist

Hello  🙂

I am still learning to use Turbo Lister, so please be patient.

My first question is:

I know I sold a Mr. Bill in the past and I know I synced TL at that time.

Instead of redoing the whole fixed price listing, I went to find it on TL and relist

or sell similar.

BUT it is nowhere to be found.

The quantity of past sale items in TL are way less than what I have sold.

How do I find my older sales... or how do I set up TL not to delete them

on me?

Redoing my past sale items is alot of unnessary work and I thought TL

was a way to backup my items so I didnt have to.  🙂

Thanks so much

Nancy

laidlawgifts

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Go to eBay.com. 

Go to Community - Discussion Forums.

Scroll down the lists (right hand side).

At the bottom, you will see Turbo Lister.

This forum category is monitored by the eBay Turbo Lister experts.

Post your question.  You should get an answer from a knowledgeable user or

from eBay staff.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi Nancy,

You do have a Mr Bill listed right now although perhaps you are referring to a different one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mr-Bill-Oh-No-Mr-Bill-Bendable-Flexible-Repro-Posable-Poseable-Bends-Doll-Toy-/261165961057?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3cceb44f61

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hmm I was trying to relist alot of items, so maybe it was a different item.. lol

My issue is more... how do I set TL or what do I need to do... to have access

to the sale items that are from months ago?   It seems after I sync, I lose alot of

my sold items that I wanted to relist.   So whatever sold items are showing on Ebay, TL will only keep them accessible to me.   But after 90 days, there are items that I would like to relist.

Is there a function or a way to access sold items after 90 days in TL?

Or do I need another backup program?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ketty@ebay.com
Community Member

Hmm I was trying to relist alot of items, so maybe it was a different item.. lol

My issue is more... how do I set TL or what do I need to do... to have access

to the sale items that are from months ago?   It seems after I sync, I lose alot of

my sold items that I wanted to relist.   So whatever sold items are showing on Ebay, TL will only keep them accessible to me.   But after 90 days, there are items that I would like to relist.

Is there a function or a way to access sold items after 90 days in TL?

Or do I need another backup program?

Hi laidlawgifts,

The problem you are running into here is due to working in the Listing Activity section of the program.  This section will always connect with what is currently in your my eBay.  If you want to store your items for later use you will need to move them over to the Inventory section of the program. 

1. Open your Turbo Lister User File and go to the Inventory section.

2. Right-click on a folder in the Inventory section, and select "New Folder". Name the folder.

3. Go to the Listing Activity section and highlight the items you want to move. You can highlight multiple items by holding your keyboard's CTRL key while clicking on the items, or you can highlight all of them by pressing CTRL+A.

4. Drag the highlighted items to the folder you've created in Inventory view. (Inventory view will expand when you mouse over "Inventory.")

Once here they will remain in Turbo Lister as long as you have the program. 

Regards,

Ketty

eBay Seller Tools Support

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There are two ways to get a listing from eBay into Turbo Lister.

1) Top left menu ---> File Import ->From eBay listings and this brings up a dialog box called Turbo Lister - Import from eBay. You have choices to download copies of Active listing or Ended Listings (Sold and/or Sold). For ended listings, you can only download the listings that are still on eBay (90 days after end of listing). You can select a date range. You also have a Preview option to select specific listings to download. I usually use Preview and sort by date and select a month of listings at a time.

2) Copy from Listing Activity as described by eBay.

One issue is photos. Both methods copy photos that are smaller than the original you uploaded with. Sometimes it is 400 pixels or 500 pixels on the longest side.  So you must keep your original photos somewhere on your hard drive. When you want to relist from the copied listing in TL inventory, you must delete the small photos in the listings and add back the originals from your hard drive to get back the larger size.

Please note that if you relist from TL Listing Activity directly, the larger photos are still associated with the listing while it is still online for 90 days. So relisting or sell similar from TL Listing Activity will have the correct size photos.

To best use TL, you should create your listing in TL inventory and upload from there.  Your correct size photos will be associated with the listing in TL inventory. Once listed on eBay, you can use Sold and UnSold to relist from a variety of eBay tools and the correct photos size are associated with the listing still online for 90 days.So you can use Turbo Listing Activity to relist or Sell Similar or My eBay (only shows 60 days) or Selling Manager. These are the free eBay tools I know and use.  If your listing is no longer on eBay after 90 days, then you have to go back to the TL inventory to list it again from the listing copy there.

Please not that if you revise an active listing or revise a listing from Sold and UnSold, these changes are not updated in the TL Inventory original. So it is up to you to keep the TL Inventory copy updated.

Personally I dislike TL and only use it for backups. TL has too many updates with glitches and often gives errors when uploading listings. Too much trouble for me. I prefer the online SYI form. I use TL for keeping old listings in case I need them. Most of the time I work from Sold and UnSold online to relist with. Some sellers work with TL fine. How I do not know.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you all for your help.

I found the Turbo Lister help forum and posted another issue I am having there.

Errors ... heh.

WONDERFUL help about how to keep my old listings

AND I had no clue they were not backing up my pictures correctly.

Thank you for that heads up.  Ebay asks us to use the largest files... but

the backup program they suggest doesnt backup the picture files properly

and makes them smaller.  Now that makes sense... not.   lol

Thanks for the help though.. I will be able to relist some of my older listings in the

future.. and I know to change all the pictures back to original size again 🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply