Two PayPal Accounts (Canada & US)

Hi, I already asked this in the dotCom board, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience with two PayPal accounts.

I live part of the year in the US, so I was wondering if I can open a US PayPal account. Another poster on the dotCom board said yes as long as I can provide proof of identity (I can), so hopefully someone can answer the following questions:

1. Does anyone know if I can print USPS labels on the US PayPal account but accept payments from the Canadian one even when I'm in Canada?
  2. Is there an issue accessing the US account in Canada and the Canadian account in the US?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can accept Canadian or US Dollars, you can exchange CAN/US Dollars within PayPal

and you could always email yourself money from between accounts.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

To open a US Paypal account you will need a US address and a US bank account. Since you live in the USA half the year, I assume you already have those.

Please note that a US bank account is an account at a US bank, and not a US dollar account at a Canadian bank.

You would have two different accounts which are not linked by address, credit card #, bank account -- so no you can't be paid on PPCA and print a shipping label on PPUSA.

There should be no issue with access from either country, but if you are moving money from the US account to Canada you will pay exchange and a fee for the service.

Since you are living in two countries, I would suggest that you will find it easier to list from a US -centric eBay account with your PPUSA account while you are snowbirding and from  CA-centric accounts while back here.

Have you considered the problems in moving your stock back and forth across the border? Is your plan to keep part of your product line permanently in Canada and another part permanently in the USA?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your reply!  

You would have two different accounts which are not linked by address, credit card #, bank account -- so no you can't be paid on PPCA and print a shipping label on PPUSA.

What if I don't pay for my labels with the funds I receive on the Canadian account? The two accounts wouldn't be linked at all.

There should be no issue with access from either country, but if you are moving money from the US account to Canada you will pay exchange and a fee for the service.

That's great. It was an issue when I accessed my Canadian PayPal account while I was travelling in Asia.

Since you are living in two countries, I would suggest that you will find it easier to list from a US -centric eBay account with your PPUSA account while you are snowbirding and from  CA-centric accounts while back here.

I prefer the Canadian site. I've always been using the Canadian site regardless of where I live and it doesn't seem to matter where you list. It's just that I really want the USPS discount and a US PayPal account.

Have you considered the problems in moving your stock back and forth across the border? Is your plan to keep part of your product line permanently in Canada and another part permanently in the USA?

Most of my stock is in Canada right now. I live near the border, so I cross whenever I have to ship any orders. I'm not sure. I actually live in Canada more than I live in the US, but I do have utility bills, ID, etc. from the US.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't know anything about getting a U.S. Paypal account but if you have want to print a USPS label there are sites that you can do that such as stamps.com. Some of them have a monthly fee but I believe that some are free. Recped posts on this forum and I know that he is familiar with at least some of those sites so he might see this and be able to provide more info.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply