US Buyer Unable To Pay Me Because I'm "International"

Last night I accepted an offer from a buyer in the US. They messaged me shortly after saying PayPal wouldn't let them pay because I'm "international" & said I could cancel the sale & try to sell it to someone else while they "figured it out"
This morning they message me again saying they called PayPal & that's kind of the end of the story, he can't buy from me because I'm in Canada. He's trying to say it's because of PayPal & ebay seperating. None of that even makes sense. Has anyone else heard of something like this?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

No.....haven't heard anything like that and  it doesn't make any sense. It sounds as if there is something else going on and he is  getting the wrong information or he is confused.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yeah I didn't think it made any sense either. I've sold $1500 this past week, mostly to the US & no one else has been unable to pay
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If he actually purchased, send him a Mutual Cancellation request, with a note that when he accepts it all his obligations end.

This will also get your fees back.

And add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

Life is too short.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Why would I cancel? They shouldn't have been buying things they don't want, they can take an unpaid item strike
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It is possible that he is having problems paying as paypal and ebay do have numerous glitches.  It's up to you of course but I would do the cancellation just in case it really isn't his fault.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

We had problems like this before. The solution was to remove the "block buyers without a paypal account" from all of our listings. This happened to our Canadian buyers as well as USA buyers. It completely solved the problem.

Another similar problem happened to some of our USA buyers where they were prevented from paying with paypal. The solution for this was to remove the "must pay immediately with buy it now" from our buy it now listings. This also fixes the USA cart problem.

After removing both of these things we have had no more problems and our sales have more than doubled since July 2015..

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I am a corprate sales guy with the chase bank the same this has just happened to a bunch of our listings

too but you might want to rethink your solution they actually limited the paypal account now its paypal or ebay thats doing this

but I am omega.auctions.uk and I own omegacharity account and have mahority shares in chase bank canada and also am

the president of RBS not RBC.  

but its not just this account its been neweggca and ncix and the applerestore

we have seen a whole bunch of sales come up with invalid payment paypal errors

heres a list of all our stores we might be pulling 

ncix

newegg

sonystore

applestore

those are in the serveral million sales some of them and they goand muck up a lousy charity drive 

for shriners childrens hospital for kids we had to write a check this year instead for $25.000 vs

the $25,000 I did in 2 days so **bleep** if its a bit high volume cant they handle a sale every 20 or 30 secounds

I cant help it if we were selling PS4s for 50% less retail and iphone 6s for $400 unlocked.

well just becuase everbody has **bleep** products is not reason to pick on me.

this us anable to pay **bleep** is a cop out

@maximus7001 wrote:

We had problems like this before. The solution was to remove the "block buyers without a paypal account" from all of our listings. This happened to our Canadian buyers as well as USA buyers. It completely solved the problem.

Another similar problem happened to some of our USA buyers where they were prevented from paying with paypal. The solution for this was to remove the "must pay immediately with buy it now" from our buy it now listings. This also fixes the USA cart problem.

After removing both of these things we have had no more problems and our sales have more than doubled since July 2015..

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

At least some of your problems are likely caused by your defect rate. Obviously I can't see it but your feedback

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"well just becuase everbody has **bleep** products is not reason to pick on me."

Omegacharity - I read your post carefully, twice, and quite frankly do not understand its meaning.

It appears to me that whatever problems you have with eBay are easily explained by the feedback left by nine buyers who purchased from you in the last twelve months:

4 positive

5 negative

I also read the comments left by those buyers and your responses.  I am at a loss of words.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I guess I sent my last post off in mid thought. lol

Oh well...I think that I will just leave it like that.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply