US Ebayers getting free Boxes from USPS

esellerauction
Community Member
Here is the link http://ebaysupplies.usps.com .
Come on CanadaPost when are you going to throw us a bone :|here.

eBay and the U.S. Postal Service® are happy to offer you FREE co-branded
shipping boxes for Priority Mail® service. Co-branded Priority Mail boxes will
be delivered directly to your home. Combine this with the free Carrier Pickup
offered by the U.S. Postal Service and make shipping your eBay sales “Quick,
Easy, Convenient!”™ See below for box descriptions and ordering information.

And from Canadapost what do we get?? increased rates.
thanks for nothing canadapost..
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

As a user of Canada Post I don't wish to pay for other peoples shipping boxes!

Buy or scrounge your own unless you are willing to share your profits with me.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

esellerauction
Community Member
That is my point they can get 10 a day for free!
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

dreamcoll
Community Member
And there's no limit to the number or regular boxes ordered from the USPS site.

I live in Canada on the border of Ontario & Michigan so I do 99% of my mailing from Michigan. I order several sizes of boxes containing 25 boxes & have them sent to my MI PO box & they're all free.

Postal rates in the states have Canada Post beat by a mile. Often I can mail something to Canada from Michigan cheaper than I can mail within Canada. Now what does that tell you?
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
That tells you that Canada is twice as big a country than the US and it has about 1/8 of the population...

In theory... CP rates are cheap!
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Try comparing Canada Post rates to the rates of other countries (except USA). They are competative with postage rates in most of Europe.

Ben

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

esellerauction
Community Member
Oh my goodness Are we going to compare gas prices next with the rest of the world. We live in North America. lol
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
That's not the point.... it's not that CPC is expensive, it's that the USPS is too cheap (can you say subsidized) and makes it difficult for us Canadians to compete in the North American market
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

varietylights
Community Member
Canada Post is very over priced, considering they don' thave the overhead of USPS(i.e. there own retail locations, or large unions). I can't believe people are on here defending Canada Post, we should always be demanding better service from them. When they charge $14-20 for a 1kg package, they can at least provice boxes.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

varietylights
Community Member
Also, as per Ben's reply, no one else pays for the boxes, you pay for them when you use the service, USPS only offers free boxes for Priority Mail Service, which has a built in cost structure for the Boxes you receive.

Canada Post broke their Union years ago and screwed over a lot of people, and their rates go up every 180 days or so.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

dreamcoll
Community Member
USPS charges $3.85 US to mail a 1 pound Priority parcel anywhere in the US & the box & tape are free.

I mailed a glass lamp shade to Alberta (I'm in Ontario) & it was going to cost over $50.00 to send from here so I sent it from Michigan for $26.00 & the buyer had it within 10 days.

The clerks at the USPS I use are extremely friendly & helpful too.

Having the opportunity to mail from Canada or the US, I see a big difference in price & service. USPS has Canada Post beat by a long shot.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

redsniper88
Community Member
Everyone would like to enjoy the free goodies that USPS gives out...however...have you forgotten that as Canadians we are BIG on recycling? Think of all the additional garbage there would be if every Canadian seller used a new box everytime we shipped a package out. I'm not saying I only use 'used' packaging. I don't. But with our postage being as high as it is, I use the lightest weight packaging that is also durable. I will re-use a cardboard box. No sense in adding to our garbage miseries.

Think clean and that will make us smile...I think ?:|
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

iburk
Community Member
I must be missing something. I can ship faster and cheaper to Canada from the US. I can ship faster and cheaper to the rest of the the world using USPS. I can ship ship faster and cheaper to the US with USPS. They give me the supplies (I ship Priority or Global Priority).

What difference does it make where the new box/envelope comes from? What difference does the size of Canada make? Even in Left Rubber Boot, USA they even deliver on Saturday.

Sorry I don't see any upside with CP.
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

esellerauction
Community Member
I must agree. I wish I lived closer to the border.
I have family in Left Rubber Boot USA!
Cheers
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Someone wrote on this board before that USPS offers lower rate was because US government heavily subsidize the postal service, so their rate is like comparable to some third world countries. It also ruled out other competition (Fedex etc) to compete for light weight packages. Canada post is self sufficient, like other postal services in Europe, and is actually cheaper than other European countries.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

iburk
Community Member
Someone wrote on this board before that USPS offers lower rate was because US government heavily subsidize the postal service, so their rate is like comparable to some third world countries. It also ruled out other competition (Fedex etc) to compete for light weight packages. Canada post is self sufficient, like other postal services in Europe, and is actually cheaper than other European countries.

Let "someone" then prove it is subsidized. The only reason that FedEx etc can compete with the lower weight stuff ... is because they can't deliver stuff to the door as cheap as any postal system can ... they go to every house every delivery date.

The major cost in any postal system are the delivery people. It costs as much if the bag is empty or full. If I can ship cheaper via the US to Canada, EU, etc than the shipping is within Canada, EU, etc ... what does this say? USPS is screwing every other postal system in the world ... don't think so ... Canada Post (as well as the EU, etc) is willing to deliver at a fraction of USPS gets. If they can do this, can't they match the price? If not ... why not?

If I haven't said this before ... CP sucks the big one.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

varietylights
Community Member
Recyclying? Everyone Recycles, not just Canadians.
Canada Post is increasing small packet prices over 15 percent...they do this every year.....but the service is not better...they used to have published delivery times, now they won't even estimate when your package will get there.

Wasn't UPS talking about venturing into a wider range of mail options? And when will USPS open start opening outlets in Canada...please!
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

dis-and-dat
Community Member
OK...Canada Post sucks, I surely have to agree....and its going to suck more!
UPS (not the USPS) is planning on venturing into a wider range of mail options in Canada....but they're planning on softening up the market a bit before they come here.....get this...in January, under NAFTA (Yeah....there's that ugly word!!...), UPS is challenging Canada Post (And it's a behind closed doors hearing, of course) under section 13 of NAFTA, I believe it is, that Canada Post has an unfair trade "advantage" in that its subsidized, especially in "courier" related services.
Now I don't know if any of you pay advantage to NAFTA, but like softwood lumber, to name the most obvious case, the Americans have yet to yield, or lose on any initial NAFTA ruling (Oh yeah....after 7 WTO rulings that the tariffs & duties imposed were unsubstantiated...billions of Canadian dollars already paid to the Americans...and a couple of years later...they finally agree to "reduce" the tariffs...I could go on)....
Anyway, if you think 15% for small packet increase is bad, just wait until next year, (after a NAFTA ruling that will see some of Canada Posts revenues reduced )unless Canada Post applies to the Government to lift it's rate increase schedule (They are only allowed increases once a year), and watch small packet and Expedited and ExpressPost go skyrocketing through the roof, as all trade analysts seem to agree that UPS will win initially. It's felt that Canada Post really has little to lose as the "courier" part of their business is not their primary revenue driver, so they won't put up much of a fight.
Better believe that then I'll be doing scheduled 1 1/2 drives south of the border to send my parcels!! Right now it's an iffy proposition to do that, gas prices affecting that decision, but just a little bit bigger slide on costs and I'll be flying south with my mail, and think a lot of business near the border will do the same.
I hear rumblings in the Small Business Associations, looking for a system to use small couriers to run mail south of the border. Not sure how that will work, but if Canada Post keeps having a drain of revenue going south increasing, things could get ugly for them, MAYBE just maybe then they'll listen to small businesses and start to treat us with a little more respect for the amount of money we pour into their pockets. Most of us can't get the discounts on contract because our item volumes aren't high enough. But put all of us little folks near the border together going south to use the U.S. mail system and we'll hear Canada Post howling to bring us back......You think????????
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
interesting.

paragraphs are your friend!

Monique

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

grade_a-stuff
Community Member
Canada Post broke their union? Since when? Is that why CP employees go on or threaten a strike just before every Christmas season. We can only WISH they would break the union....
Message 20 of 25
latest reply