US buyers are such pain

I am sure this will pee of some of those south of the fence , but I have had jet again another sale go down the toilet, and yes same again a yank, but this time buying through a Canadian address. keep saying he has paid , I arranged to meet him  half way with the items as they are big, he left me hanging, then he says he will have them collected , twice I stayed in for him not to show  and giving a lame excuse. Now I have to go through all the **bleep** just so I doint get turned of by Ebay  for the seller fee's. It always seem st be yanks. I have bought and sold to the EU, and CIS and never had the nightmares and BS that I get dealing with the idiots in the south.

I am sure I am not alone.

Hacked off

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

US buyers are such pain

I suspect that many sellers who offer local pickup only have similar problems regardless of where the buyer is from.  Perhaps it is different in the area where you live but I doubt that I would have any luck selling on ebay if I didn't ship my items. I realize that your items are larger but perhaps you would have better luck selling larger items on a local site?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

@rightmortgageman wrote:

keep saying he has paid ,

The money is either in your paypal or it is not. End of story.

If he has not paid then wait the required time and open an Item Not Paid Case.

Stop wasting your time with person/people who hasn't paid!

End of problem!

Cheers,

thD

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

@rightmortgageman wrote:

I am sure I am not alone. 

You likely are.  Most Canadian sellers have many U.S. buyers and would never speak about them that way.  There are difficult transactions and problem buyers in all countries.  You just have to deal with it..

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

OTOH - Bulky doesn't half cover it.

A Citroen?

An AGA * range?

Both would require forethought before bringing them across the border.

If someone bought on impulse then realized they needed to broker the purchase-- yeah, I could see that being a problem.

*And at $250 that was somebody's bargain! A friend is an AGA dealer and they sells them at $10K to $15K new.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

Let me clarify  a little. 

Until a short time ago I had a UK ebay account which  I was forced to close as I didnt have a the bank/cc/paypal to support it anymore 400@100% feedback . I  sold  large machinery to Nigeria, South Africa,China, various places in South America, CIS  as well all deals through ebay. purchased out of many EU countries+CIS, even middle east.  Ironically always had issues south of the fence even walked away from my stuff once, just not worth the hassle. But in saying that some of the  partner help I got from other US ebay SELLERS was really good, extremely helpful. Sold a laptop recently, took 4 weeks just to get to the shipping stage then  nothing. The reason I dont sell cars/trucks anymore as they all go south rarely with out pain. I stopped selling cheap Aga cookers because of that, sent the last off for scrap. What also gets to me is that even though i have been a n ebay member for many years until I have done a 10 or 20 sale to the US using FedeX or CP my paypal money is at the whim of the buyer, I can wait for ages, and god help you if the buyer decides to find fault kiss the money goodbye. Ebay is not the same as it used to be. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

P.S.

I used to bring containers in with Aga/Stanley/Esse, second hang, most expensive was 1k, nobody is allowed to fit them anymore.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

US buyers are such pain

I used to sell Stanley cookers when I was in the wood stove business and the Esse had the Dragon wood heater, didn't it? Such a pretty stove. Don't think I ever managed to sell one though.

The Findlay cookstoves were our most popular, but that was because it was a local brand, originally made in Carleton Place outside Ottawa. Very well made.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply