USPS First Class to the States weighing 14 or 15 ounces!!

I usually ship to the United States using USPS by printing labels from home on Endicia Dazzle. I recently talked to another seller who mentioned they printed First Class mail weighing 14 and 15-ounce packages from Chitchats Express in Markham ON.

I have been printing labels for some time now and as per my knowledge USPS’ First Class has a limit of 13 ounces (368 grams) for USD $3.38. (See attached screenshot showing the weight limit)

I looked all over the Internet and I can’t find any information about First Class exceeding that weight limit. I wonder if any of the fellow Canadian sellers print USPS labels and are they able to print First Class over 13 ounces?

Some of my products are slightly heavier than 13 ounces and I have to have to pay 3 or 4 dollars more for few grams when 13-ounce products are already less than $3.50

Ray
Webiano

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First Class for 14/15oz packages is available with Commerical Plus, it's not available for Standard or Commercial Base.

https://www.usps.com/business/first-class-package-service.htm

If I recall correctly Endicia does offer a higher priced subscription service where you can get Commercial Plus Pricing if you meet certain volume requirements. It's likely that ChiotChat may have such an account. It would also give you Commercial Plus pricing for Priority whereas a normal Endicia Account only give Commercial Base (which is essentiually just the online discount).

There is some info at the bottom of this page for Endicia's volume requirements for Commercial Plus.

http://www.endicia.com/price-change-2013

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are correct recped,

we have discounts due to volume on priority and first class mail.

We do fulfillment for sellers and bulk label printing of postage for large sellers. We print over 70,000 labels a month and that results in discounts.

13.1 ounce to 15.99 ounces ship first class for $4.05

and flat rate envelopes ship for $4.90 instead of $5.05 and so on.

Not a huge discount but it adds up.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply