Ugh! I lost the chargeback case

No big surprise but I was really hoping my honesty and hardwork would not be punished.

Unverifiable tracking information. That was the official word from paypal. I sent it as a small package. The buyer had left me positive feedback and I had shipped to a confirmed address.

And to add to my misery, paypal tacked on a $10 USD processing fee.

The buyer has never contacted me and has not responded to my emails. Two weeks ago when he issued the chargeback his contact info was invalid, now its updated and I see he has moved.

Something is definately wrong with this system.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Shari
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

submitoffice.com
Community Member
even i have confirmed address, they still chargeback my account... too bad...
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

kristyz73
Community Member
I guess I have finally been initiated into the club. My first dispute is going on in Paypal right now. A buyer is claiming that she never received her package and that she has not been able to get ahold of me as I apparently am no longer a registered user of ebay. Or so she claims.
But, she did leave me positive feedback 3 days after I shipped the items to her. Go figure.
I have been reading these posts for days now, and have suddenly become paranoid... with good reason.. apparently. I was thinking, oh.. my time will come. And..here it is. I wonder how this will work out. I ship thru USPS and the package was insured for an amount less than what is required for a insurance #. Apparently it is just internal insurance? And no... no delivery confirmation or tracking #. I guess it will be a lesson learned for me, if I lose this. I dont have much hope.
Apparently it isnt her first time, I checked her feedback and seems she has been doing a lot of this lately. Shopper3667.. that is.
Thanks for letting me vent.... being a new PS.. and pretty new at everything!!!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I ship thru USPS and the package was insured for an amount less than what is required for a insurance #. Apparently it is just internal insurance?

This doesn't make any sense, please clarify.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Doesn't make sense is right!

If you ship through USPS why on earth would you not get a Delivery Confirmation number. I'm sorry but that's just stupid not to when the opportunity is there. If you ship regularly through USPS sign up for Endicia. You get DC numbers for $0.15.

PayPal requires proof of delivery not proof of mailing or insurance or anything else. If you ship through USPS get the DC!! Why would you not get that???

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

kristyz73
Community Member
Alright.. alrighhhtt!! As I said.. I am NEW. Enough said!!! Lesson learned!
I don't know why I wasnt getting DC. I started to in the beginning, then was told it was redundant by a postal worker when I was on vacation. They said if you get insurance on your package, then DC is not necessary. So, I quit getting it... I know.. it was only 50 cents. Stupid. Like I said, I'm new, and was alot more new at that time.
If you insure for less than $50.00 your insurance slip does not come with an insurance #. The claim is just processed at the Post Office itself, and paid out there.
I can try again to sign up on the USPS website to do my own postage, and with that you can get DC included with online postage. I had troubles earlier with it though, I think because my billing address is not in the US for a US credit card. *sigh*
thanks for listening again, and please.. have a little patience. 🙂
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Sorry. 🙂 I'm patient I was just shocked. Well, I can be patient. lol That was one of the main reasons I went south to ship. It may have been redundant for the postie but not for your purposes. You won't be able to sign up for postage from USPS unless you have a US address & credit card. Don't bother.

What you can do if you ship regularly from the US is buy postage from Endicia as I said earlier. That you can do. I do that all the time. http://endicia.com Someone posted a link somewhere that gave a 60 day trial. Do a board search and use that otherwise you only get a 30 day trial. Your savings on DC and insurance cover the monthly cost of the service.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Here's the link to the free 2 month Endicia trial:

http://www.endicia.com/coolebaytools/

Endicia offers cheaper DC & insurance and is really easy to use.

Ann

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

kristyz73
Community Member
thank you!!!! I went and signed up for that Endicia trial. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂
I am happy to report that I sent that girl an email and said maybe she was performing a chargeback on the wrong account, that she received my package and left me feedback. I was right! She did perform the chargeback on this transaction in error, and reversed it. Thankfully.
So, lesson learned without costing me. Thank goodness. I think that was just my lucky day. 🙂 Thanks for all of your words of wisdom and advice... even if you werent sooo patient with me 😉 JK!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

mereco
Community Member
US eBay sellers think you have it bad. Try being a Canadian eBay seller, especially when you are seling to US customers. Under the Canada Post/US Mail approved system there is a "Light Package" and "Small Package" mail rate from Canada to US.
Yes you get an official receipt for "Small Package" rate shipments. However that receipt does not have tracking numbers, and there is no tracking process available. Both eBay and PayPal are aware of the fact there is no Canada Post tracking for Small Package shipments mailed to the USA from Canada, but if a seller can not provide them with proof of shipping with a tracking number the case will be found in favour of the buyer.
Both eBay and PayPal are biased in favour of the buyer. A seller seldom wins, in spite of all the "expert" advise offered in this thread.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
PayPal favors tracking numbers. It's an impartial judgement system. So if some jerk seller wants to send a brick in a box instead of the widget ordered they win. Anything other than a tracking number would involve human interaction which is time consuming, expensive and wrought with problems.

The tracking number issue works both ways. If a buyer makes a SNAD claim they have to send the item back to the seller WITH tracking to prove they sent it back. PayPal needs online, irrefutable proof that a package has been delivered. If tracking shows it has, then it has.

Look at all the stupid answers you get from folks answering questions at eBay's Live Help. Do you really want one of them to sit in judgement on a claim? I don't.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

treatster
Community Member
Paypal & ebay take the cowardly and easy way out they know sellers aren't going anywhere ...where would we go?

I have very few dealings with them (only took one or two to learn trying to accomplish anything with them is a waste of time & $) but obvious to me they only go the one easy route no matter what the circumstance as it is much easier for them to give lying, cheating, bad record buyers whatever they want.

Bad buyers generate lots of $'s for ebay/paypal. ie. when did anyone ever get reimbursed for ad costs when a non-paying bidder ? & just getting the fvf fees back is still not worth the time. By the time you've found the proper links (probably changed since last time because we figured out where it was) & it costs you $10 labor to get back maybe $.50! AND with chargebacks who's account is the refund going to come from ? while the buyer may keep the goods (if like my buyer ....has more non delivered package claims in 75 transactions than lost packs I've ever had in over 2000 sent out). Obvious to me or probably anyone else (even a judge) what this person is up to BUT of course never to ebay or paypal.

Just sent them a note asking them how many hundreds of dollars per month paid to ebay and/or paypal from a seller would it take for us to get even basic needs & service from them. Even as little as just getting a simple, easy to find link.

My first time having a paypal dispute entered against me for an undelivered package. Not even a link that I could find to enter a message or my argument. Clicked resolve and found only an option to choose a button to refund the buyer or enter a tracking number & ?? (whatever 3rd was). How pathetic is that? Obviously they know before the seller does anything that the buyer is going to get anything they are asking...so no need to bother asking us for any input. After all we're only low life sellers that have no where else to go! (Oh happy day that will be if ever - as I'll always resent ebay for their attitude towards their good paying customers.)

Got a 2nd notice for my response to the dispute this am. & I did put in a response on aug.31 (found a link to do that but now can't find it again!). My response is registed on the paypal resolution page and yet they didn't get my response???

My note to paypal also stated that I knew because I'm a seller my 'rant' was only going to fall on 'computer ears' and then noted also that no need to push the button that will send me .... 'we apologise for your frustration'....I'll just read it off your last response where I asked where there were any links on the resolution page for a seller to enter anything? ...Apology for my frustration but then NO hint at all where I can find links to properly 'join into' a dispute AGAINST ME!

My buyer has even admitted (and thru the paypal resolution page) that the parcel finally arrived (even took pictures of the unopened package & postdate which was 1st day after he ordered ...so I did what I promised to do!). Why he would admit to & do this I have no idea & what he wants from me now I guess I'll never find out either through him or paypal.

Guys quite strange...actually mentioned one time in comms that when the parcel arrived he was going to take a pic of it & send it to me & I would then know he wasn't a liar.

It did arrive ! He did take the pic & send it! How did he know ??? This guy originally emailed to complain he didn't get his parcel even before a six day shipping estimate was up (also mentions of the exact same situation in his negative feedbacks!). I told him he needed to give them some time BUT looking at his record I knew I would hear from him again & sure enough did & not telling me it got there of course.

I told him & paypal he could send them back & get a refund with return shipping paid! (actually my usual guarantee anyway) and YET we ALL know!!!!!! He'll keep my insoles & I will still see funds stolen from my account via paypal to re-imburse him!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Incidentally, just to clarify, a TRACKING NUMBER does NOT stop a CHARGEBACK.

We had an (initially) successful chargeback against us for an item purchased outside of eBay. A chargeback is when the buyer contacts his/her credit card company and say 'they never authorized this'. Tracking numbers are useless in this case. The buyer denied ordering the item, despite the fact we had numerous emails.

"They can be falsely made up."
That was the reason the emails were denied. I'm still wondering what WOULD constitute proof of ordering if its electronic. Anything can be falsely made up given sufficient time & effort.

John
Message 13 of 13
latest reply