Unable to change password

Hi all,

I have been trying since yesterday to change the password for my main user i.d. but keep getting the "sorry we are unable to blah blah blah due to technical difficulties" then the options are click here to try again or click here for customer service.  I have tried repeatedly on three different browsers, and keep getting the same thing, I also tried it on dot com. Also, the customer service link won't open.

In between attempts at changing the password on this account I decided to log out and log in to my other i.d. and see if I could change the password on that one, filled out the information and they are sending me an e-mail, no problem, came back and signed in with this i.d., sorry, won't work. I have tried it using the link ebay is providing on the main page, I have also tried it going through my ebay personal information preferences, but no.

If ebay is actually experiencing tech difficulties it seems to me it shouldn't be working for anyone, so why did it work for one i.d. but won't for the other? And no, I will not call customer service on the phone, that idea is generally next to useless, and it is a beautiful sunny Saturday and I have a nice big hammock and a book calling my name, so I will not be spending useless hours on the phone.

Any suggestions? I have been having a break from ebay since last September and this is messing with my downtime! Smiley LOL

Thanks! Heather

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Good morning.

I changed two passwords without problem except that for the second one my computer read the wrong cookies and had me signed in under a different ID.

The solution was to reboot the computer, go to eBay without signing in, then sign in under the user id you want to change, proceed with the change, wait for the email confirmation, finish the process, wait for the final (second) email confirming the change has been made, turn off (or reboot) the computer and you are good to go.

Members with only one user id will not have that problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I just changed mine.

Go to Account, Personal Information, click the edit link beside the encrypted  password.

I used the email option and had to wait a little while for the email to arrive.

Went through smoothly!

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I have tried everything, and nothing has worked. As of now, I am completely locked out on that i.d. and had to use this one to sign in. I have received the e-mail from ebay telling me to change my password, but every time I try I get stuck in the loop of "we are sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties", then,  click here to try again, or here to contact customer support. The problem now it that both links lead back to the spot to fill in your user name or e-mail address, nothing takes you to customer support. I cannot do anything on the site with that i.d. now, it will no longer even let me sign in.

Ebay fix the "glitch", please.

Heather

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi all,

I have gotten it sorted out, thanks for the helpful suggestions. Unfortunately it did require phone time with a CS rep to fix the problem.

Thanks again!

Heather

Message 5 of 5
latest reply