Unable to do Tracked Packet label on Paypal

I have been trying to do a label for a tracked packet this morning, but I keep getting a "wrong dimensions" message. The package is 24 cm x 22 cm x 19 cm. The maximum allowed is 90 cm, so I am within that.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is the weight?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is apparently still a programming problem, and we're told Paypal is "working on it".  You are right that TP should permit maximum total dimensions of 90cm (longest = 60cm), but it hasn't been programmed that way.

If you read the other posts concerning Tracket Packet, and take a look at last Wednesday's Board Discussion with eBay, you'll see the problems set out very specifically, especially by "pocomocomputing" who has been pursuing this with eBay. 

Stay tuned... but you might want to avoid TP for the moment until the "all clear" is sounded. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The weight was about 720 grams Pierre, should have been no problem.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have been trying to do a label for a tracked packet this morning, but I keep getting a "wrong dimensions" message. The package is 24 cm x 22 cm x 19 cm. The maximum allowed is 90 cm, so I am within that.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Yes "Tracked Packet" is definitely turning out to be a load of garbage that was just a way for Canada Post to whack us with a huge increase. For example, previously if I wanted to sell say a collectible mug of some sort and it was of an average size I could ship it all over the USA, from Canada, for $10-$12, provided I was willing to use "Small Packet" and forgo tracking. That same mug now, with the cheapest option being "Small Packet Air" will cost you $16 to ship. Forget about shipping materials the cost of shipping alone is between 15 and 16 dollars for the most part being closer to 16.

Tracked packet is simply the old rates for Expedited and Expedited has now been pushed up. Basically this means that Canadian sellers can no longer easily sell any inexpensive items (my opinion items say $30 and under) to the USA as the shipping costs will end up being from 50%-100% of the cost of the item. That's insane! Forget about selling coins as well unless you are willing to risk sending low end coins in an envelope with no chance of compensation if they "go missing"(this happens a great deal in those circumstances it seems these days. perhaps Canada Post is not aware of how many of their employees have sticky fingers)

I discovered the issue with the shipping docs on PayPal a few days ago and informed PayPal about it. All I can say is that the person I spoke to at PayPal was not particularly co-operative or helpful, or knowledgeable for that matter and basically just blew me off after saying "we'll have to look into it". Turns out that if you call PayPal from Canada the peeps you get on the phone can't duplicate the situation themselves as they are in a US system, or so I was told anyway (sounds unlikely to me)

What a mess!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ebay announcement about tracked packet problems

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201304.shtml#2013-04-22124416

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Good evening,

I wish I'd thought to check "in here" about 10 minutes ago when I was dealing with the Tracked Packet on PayPal.. Arrgggh.. FINALLY managed to print my label off, but only after I changed the dimensions into inches and the weight into pounds and ounces.

This was my first Tracked Packet label to print and I was surprised to see that the postage paid shows up on these labels. I wonder why the change? 

thank you.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply