Unable to get help with Broken car compuer module item purchased from seller.

Hi,

I am having issue with an item that I purchased march 15.

The item I purchased was a bmw car light module computer which controls the light.

On march 20th my machanic installed the part to my car and it over heated so, I contacted the seller on march 20.

Seller said following:

"The heating up thing I'm not sure about"......"I wouldn't feel comforatabl taking a return on a module that now might be damaged"

Asked about operating temperature and seller kept on telling me he/she doesn't know.

I have went to couple mechanics to get it working as they told me they couldn't program it.

With refer I was able to find a machanic shop who specialized in programming and had it working after while.

After having the part programmed it was working fine for couple days and now it random stopped functioning again.

Going through multiple tests the mechanic told me it's the part that I purchased that's having the issue.

I contacted the seller again few times regards to this and on June 23th, I asked seller he told me to go see bmw see if they can warranty it.  So I asked for documentation so I can actually make that happen as this product as described is a brand new part from bmw. after few message back and forth now seller says:

"I don't have any documentation from the dealer purchase. I wish there was something I could do but after the 14 day return period as per ebay, warranties are not obligatory on my behalf. I'm very sorry your having this problem..but other than giving you an invoice from ebay, here I nothing else I can do"

Telling me now that he has no part no receipt or no way for me to get this part warrantied.....

On June 24th:

I have told him that I got the part number from bmw dealer and the part plugged into the car over heated.  How is one supposed to know if part is over heating until it's not working and somone touches it??  This bmw part is the only thing that fits into the slot and there is no way anyone can install it wrong and if size was different it would not fit...  so I think I seller should be more worried about my car being damaged not his broken part that he sold me.

I been wanting to make this work with this seller yet, he doesn't seem to help me make this work.

I know the date is way past but with car parts I have to make numerous number of trip to the shop and make appointment,... also he sold brand new part from bmw why can't I get warranty on the part?

I am making this post because with ebay contact help I wasn't able send them a message.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Unable to get help with Broken car compuer module item purchased from seller.

You purchased on March 15.

You received it and it was installed on March 20.

The item does not work.

So I asked for documentation so I can actually make that happen as this product as described is a brand new part from bmw.

Did the mechanic say anything about this part being counterfeit?

Most companies will not warranty items sold online, unless the item was purchased from an authorized dealer. Counterfeits are only part of the problem, since some resellers deal in returns, refurbishing, and ( occasionally/ rarely) even stolen stock.

also he sold brand new part from bmw why can't I get warranty on the part?

What makes you think he is telling the truth about that? Liars lie.

So the seller won't help.

BMV won't help.

You are past the 45 day deadline for eBay Buyer Protection.

Go to Paypal first, and start a claim for 'Item Not As Described'. PP has a 180 day deadline, but I am not sure that it covers NAD claims.

If that doesn't work, go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a useful mediator) phone the 1-800 number on the card and ask the customer service rep about a chargeback.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply