Unanswered Question is haunting me!

Not a huge deal, but very old answered questions about certain item I have for sale are  popping up daily. These questions have been answered months ago so I am puzzled and annoyed as to why it is happening. Anyone else having this problem? That red unanswered flag is going to give me a permanent twitch in my right eye.

photo images-13_zps311e8f22.jpeg
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

thC45YJQ85.jpg

Here is my reaction after looking at your listings. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I've been ignoring that message about unanswered questions because I know I've answered them all, ages ago. 

My guess: eBay probably forgot to programme a means of detecting when a question was answered through Messages, rather than through the "buyer has a question" link from the listing page.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I think that any message counts as a 'question'. When I reply to a question and the person writes back to thank me or whatever and I don't write back......that's one unanswered question.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I think that any message counts as a 'question'. When I reply to a question and the person writes back to thank me or whatever and I don't write back......that's one unanswered question.

You might be right.  I've never added up my replies and compared them to the number of responses I've received back to see if that matches the number of questions eBay says I haven't answered (not that I'd really consider bothering with this).  I've just decided to ignore eBay's reminders in this regard, since I know I haven't left any buyer questions unanswered.

Still, the OP is right that it is irritating.  One more example of eBay ignoring the basics while they focus on making things look pretty.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

That is rather unsettling! What am I to think of that?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It was a joke. It was my reaction to your interesting items for sale.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Oh, that's good! I wasn't sure what that bugged out baby meant - I was up all night thinking about it! LOL

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yes, whenever someone writes to you from the 'contact' on a specific item, it counts as a question.  If you reply to them, and they write back saying "thanks", it counts as another question.  Unless you are the last one to send a message as you talk back and forth, it will always show as an unanswered question on your selling page.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Your right it is very irritating !!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Well -------------, not so true.  I tried your theory about being the last one to reply and --------- it didn't work.  That red beast still looks me in the eye every day !!  It has been there for well over a week.  Any other thoughts on this matter?  I was going to use a black marker and whenever it showed up, I was going to write over the red ink.  My Wife suggested that if I did that, my laptop screen would soon be covered in black marker and then I wouldn't be able to see other things on it.  Duh, that's why I married her, but she is gorgeous !

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Here is a link to a post on eBay.com with the solution to messages awaiting answers.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/How-do-I-mark-as-read-an-email-in-eBay-Messages/m-p/22446951...

Message 4 in the topic has a screenshot on how to do this.

Anyone who tries this, post back if it works.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I had to go onto eBay.com to the "My EBay" button, under "Selling" and clicked on the "Unanswered Questions" link near the top (I followed the screen shot example given in the post you mentioned).  Although it meant checking off the "answered" box on each single item in the list (there didn't seem to be a way to do them all at once), it did seem to get rid of that irritating reminder message.  We'll see if it also gets rid of it on .ca. 

I use Selling Manager on .ca and couldn't find a place under the "My EBay" button on eBay.ca that would do the trick, so can't say if it can be done here too. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

What irritates me more is the alert where it says I need to leave feedbacks for items... when said items weren't paid for and I opened cases to get FVF back. What does eBay expect me to leave, a false positive feedback? lol

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

That suggestion about :Mark as Answered" worked for me.  The little red beast is gone forever ---- until the next one appears.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply