Undelivered item from China.

8499guy
Community Member

After waiting for 45 days I've contacted the seller advising that the item, was still expected. He told me don't worry I will resend another one and the shipment made on January6,2014.To date nothing received. I've contacted the seller and he told me that at this period of the year it is The Chinese New Year holidays.He is supposed to refund my money. I cannot open a dispute Paypal does not accept such request after 45 days. It is out of my control. What should I do? I don't trust this seller.......I think he never shipped my item.Nor Paypal or EBay can help me.......

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

mbpctek
Community Member

i usually report about the 40th day..  next time you will learn that,, don't listen to seller, ghet protected before the time frame they still might honour sending it.. i have had one item get not received good thing i only lost .99 cents, but know i'm more aware of things and don't be scared to put in report next time..

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Go to the credit card you actually paid with. Paypal is only the processor, keeping your financial information private.

Phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback. Cards have longer deadlines than PP, but they do have deadlines so act immediately.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Thanks guys for your replies. Never too late to learn..........IMO Paypal should expand the deadline when the items are shipped from China.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

No need to extend the deadline.  You file a dispute first, then you escalate it to a claim sometime after that.

Also keep in mind that it's not game over if you get a refund.  If the item should arrive after your refund and you're satisfied that the item is as described in the listing, you simply pay the seller again.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

The seller told me that a new item was sent and promises me that the delivery would take 20-25 working days. I'm still awaiting this replacement and the promised arriving date is February 7. It's a real joke and nor Paypal or EBay can help. Be aware that EBay is expreriencing a problem with Chinese sellers they cashed your money and don't ship your item. They ask you to wait few days knowing that the deadline to open a dispute has ended kind of inacceptable situation. As already told Paypal should review the allowed period permitting buyers to open a dispute specially for items shipped from China.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Sorry to hear about that, hope it wasn't a large loss.

This seems to be happening a lot lately on purchases originating from China.

I really doubt the item was ever shipped & these scammers know how to work the system.

Promises, promises until day forty six, then you never hear from the seller again.

Do not ever take the sellers word for it, file a claim on day 41.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@8499guy wrote:

The seller told me that a new item was sent and promises me that the delivery would take 20-25 working days. I'm still awaiting this replacement and the promised arriving date is February 7. It's a real joke and nor Paypal or EBay can help. Be aware that EBay is expreriencing a problem with Chinese sellers they cashed your money and don't ship your item. They ask you to wait few days knowing that the deadline to open a dispute has ended kind of inacceptable situation. As already told Paypal should review the allowed period permitting buyers to open a dispute specially for items shipped from China.

If you haven't received your item in a reasonable amount of time and the seller appears to be uncooperative, you open a dispute for non-delivery.

If you still haven't received your item after a couple more weeks, you escalate that dispute to a claim.

If you receive your item and you're satisfied that it's as was described in the listing, you close the claim.

A promise from a seller isn't the same thing as having received the item, therefore you keep the claim open.

I'm don't follow why you feel extra time is necessary.  Either you have your item or you don't.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

The seller told me that a new item was sent and promises me that the delivery would take 20-25 working days. I'm still awaiting this replacement and the promised arriving date is February 7. It's a real joke

It's less a joke than a lie.

If a seller's response to an Item Not Recieved claim is "I'll send another" , just escalate the INR and get your money back. If the 'replacement ' item is ever sent and ever arrives, you can refund the refund. (And ethically you should or you would be no better than the guy who didn't ship)

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Thanks reallynicestamps for your comments. I'm watching the postman every day and nothing yet.I lost all confidence in this seller.I'm frustrated not to be able to post a negative feeback.If this seller does that every ten shipments can you imagine the easy money he's cashing.EBay does not help nor Paypal another reason to be frustrated.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

You have 60 days to leave feedback.  The 45 day deadline is for Claims and Disputes.

In addition, you can add a Response to any feedback already left, yours or his.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

The 60days period to leave feedback has ended, I think it is known to the seller that is why he asked to wait to send another shipment that I never received.

Regards
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

A problem with these sellers?  Then why are they still doing business on Ebay??  This does not make Ebay look good.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

EBay should help instead of keeping these sellers still doing business on EBay. Do you imagine how much money they cashed if they don't ship every ten orders they received. These sellers ask you to wait another week because they know that after 45 days you can do nothing..........A list of dishonest EBay should take place.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

"Do you imagine how much money they cashed if they don't ship every ten orders they received"

Where do you get the idea that one in ten paid purchases is not shipped?

This Chinese seller has over 800 positive feedback, no negative feedback and one neutral (slow shipping).

We do not live in a perfect world and there will be delivery problems from time to time, more so with sellers with a lot of transactions.  It is simply the law of average.

From time to time we will encounter a "bad" seller, one who attempts to grab the money and run.  However, the rules at eBay and PayPal make it difficult for most to get away with such scheme.

Policies are in place to protect buyers. However they can only work if they follow the proper procedures to get that protection.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Mr Lebel,

The feedbacks of this seller do not represent the reality. In my case I sent him a message after 30 days for the undelivered item and he told me PLEASE DO NOT POST A NEGATIVER FEEDBACK because I'm a new seller telling me that a replacement item will be shipped. I NEVER received nor the first one and the second one. It's quite quite impossible that both shipments were lost somewhere.He was suppose to send me a refund but to date nothing received. Do you call this kind of seller a good seller I must disagree with you. I repeat feedbacks do not mean anything.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

If you really think your assertion "Do you imagine how much money they cashed if they don't ship every ten orders they received." is fair based on your one bad experience with a Chinese seller with over 800 positive feedbacks, there is not much anyone can add.

Good Luck.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

If you search on Google you will undoubtly notice hundreds pages or list concerning bad sellers on EBay. Perhaps it will be interesting for you to read this one:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Worlds-Dumbest-Bad-Seller-Tricks-/10000000021916734/g.html

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I feel sorry, really sorry, for the writer of that blog.  Everything he sees is black.

For example:

"Bad Seller States: We offer a 100 percent customer satisfaction warranty.

Translation: Our high shipping charges should prevent any cost effective returns.  If you do return the item we will just shaft you for shipping both ways and only make a partial refund after we charge a restocking fee."

It is so sad when one always looks for the wrong side of things.  Paranoia has no place online.  Yes, buyers should be careful but let's keep things in perspective.

When I see "We offer a 100 percent customer satisfaction warranty."  To me, it means exactly that, unless some fine prints states otherwise.

I noticed you received 123 positive feedbacks as a buyer and left 121 positive feedbacks to your sellers indicating that the vast majority of your transactions on eBay were satisfactory.  On that basis, I still do not see the point of your suggestion about 10% of paid purchases unshipped by a Chinese seller would go unchecked on eBay.

And yes feedback and DSRs for sellers do mean something.  It is not a perfect system - far from it - but a good indication of what goes on.  It is unfortunate that some buyers at times do not leave negative feedback as they should, regardless of their reasons.

When I read all those complaints on the discussion baords about the feedback system, I am reminded of the famous words by Sir Winston Churchill:

"“It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”"

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Mr.Lebel,

As others buyers I'm not interested in loosing hard earned money for an item paid the same day of purchase and never received.Would you be happy if similar situation would affect you? I spent several thousands dollars on EBay purchasing vintage Pocket watches and all the sellers I've bought from were honest. Why don't you admit that EBay should improve the claims department . As already told the Chinese seller ask me a delay to resend a second shipment and this is the error I've made. EBay sent me an email to post a feedback for the seller but I have answered that the item was not delivered.So it's easy to understand that EBay was aware of the situation at that date. Why EBay does not help? They have all messages exchanged with the seller stored in their database confirming that a refund will be sent after Chinese Holidays which are over for your information.

You seems to protect a seller who owns me money due to an undelivered item. In fact I have noticed that you live in Belleville,Ont and you have a Frech name. Myself I live In Québec City.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply