Unhappy Buyer

Hi everyone,

Just sold a LOCK smartphone (used) to a buyer, now he claim he don't know how to unlock it and he wants to open to the Resolution Center... If I offer him to return the smartphone do I need to pay for the shipping ?... don't know what to do ?

Thank !

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unhappy Buyer

Your buyer already left negative feedback.  He seems to do that regularly.

The rules are simple: if he files a complaint with eBay/PayPal, he will have to return the item with tracking at his expense.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Unhappy Buyer

Your buyer already left negative feedback.  He seems to do that regularly.

The rules are simple: if he files a complaint with eBay/PayPal, he will have to return the item with tracking at his expense.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

Thanks Pierre Lebel... C'est pas mal quebecois comme nom ca ?!?!?... 😉

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

... And Pierre, how and where can you see ''He seems to do that regularly'' ?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

Check the feedback your buyer has left for sellers

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

Pierre Wrote  - "Check the feedback your buyer has left for sellers"

SUCH good advice - I never purchase anything, be it a $6.00 item, before checking feedback. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

OOps sorry, I'm a buyer, not a seller, but the same applies anyway.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

guterhelg
Community Member

I ordered and paid in full with eBay guarantee to take back product. I worked the steps of refund/return and the seller

is doing the following. He keeps answering the same message 3 times by now so time

is running out for making a FEEDBACK and getting our REFUND. 2nd day after receiving the NoNo Hair Remover we contacted eBay and requested a 100% refund for product , and ask how does one ship back when Seller pays for shipping.

Seller ever since has done nothing but repeated his original message. It does NOT tell us how to ship back to China with seller carrying the cost and how the Seller will refund in full to us. 

FEEDBACK time has run out. Now what. This is not funny and in our book it is called false promises and basically a scam.

Any one have experience with such problem and would want to help us, please. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

To receive a refund, you must file a Dispute (up top to the right under Help and Contact. Choose Resolution Centre in the dropdown menu).

The first instruction will be to Contact Seller.

You have done that.

The next step is to upgrade the Dispute to a Claim.

You will be instructed to return the item to the seller (his address in on your Paypal account, if nowhere else) with TRACKING.

To China this will cost $40 or more.

You have only 45 days to do this.

If you cannot leave Feedback, then more than 60 days have passed.

You cannot get a refund through eBay or Paypal.

NOW.

Go to the credit card you used with your Paypal account. (Paypal is a useful mediator). Phone the 1-800 customer service number. Ask the clerk about a 'chargeback'.

Have all your information handy for her. Dates, amounts, currency, etc.

You may still be required to return the item to China. Some cards only ask for proof of SHIPPING, not proof of DELIVERY. This may be cheaper.

Credit cards also have deadlines, so act immediately.

In future, if your item does not arrive within 30 days, contact the seller and ask for a refund. Ask if photographs will be accepted if the problem is damage. Some may agree. Some will not.

Open the Dispute before Day 42 from purchase.

Do not allow the seller to push you beyond Day 42, before opening a Dispute. The Dispute allows him more time (20 days) to make good. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

The seller is NOT required to cover the cost of return shipping.

Most Chinese sellers are horrified by the cost of tracked international shipping from Canada. $40 is more than a week's wages to them.

A seller can sometimes send you a Paypal label. But I don't think China to Canada that would work.

The seller may refund both the original payment AND the return shipping (or part of it) when the item is back in his hands. This is not a requirement.

Always remember that, while most Chinese are as honest as anybody, China has no Rule of Law.  Some scammers take advantage of this.

You can leave feedback for up to 60 days. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal Rating is 5stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, his ability to list and sell on eBay are greatly restricted.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

You haven't said why you want to return the product and what you told ebay when you opened the request.  Was the item not as described or do you want to return because you changed your mind, don't like it etc.? If it was not as described, have you gone to the next step and asked ebay to step in? If not...are you still able to do that or is it too late? ebay 'may' be able to help you with the return shipping label problem

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Unhappy Buyer

The seller is NOT required to cover the cost of return shipping.

Please read the ebay MBG

As I mentioned before the MBG is supposed to require sellers to pay return shipping for a not as described item. However, I've found the wording a  bit confusing as it mentions in one place that the the cost of return shipping depends on the sellers return policy but in the help pages, it says that the seller is responsible for return shipping. It may be that the buyer has to ask ebay to step in if the seller is not cooperating..I'm not really clear on that. I don't think many of us are clear on how this new system works.

ALSO, I have heard that ebay hasn't set up a way to have the seller pay return shipping when an item is being sent to an international seller but I can't confirm that either.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply