Unprofessional seller has made fraudulent claims because I would not remove negative feedback.

I recently bid  on an item from a seller in the US and in the listing it stated he shipped internationally,so I bid and won the item.

Even though I was the successful bidder(and it had no reserve)........the seller then claimed he would not ship internationally......so I came him negative feedback on his profile...stating factually that he had not honoured his part of the contract.

Then I get an email from him,saying he will ship if I pay him,so I do.....he then says he will not ship item until I remove the negative feedback.  I tell him that I think it can be reversed once it is submitted. He then makes a false shipping address ,claiming I have sent him and sends a request to paypal telling them to  refund my payment due to possible fraud on my part(2 different shipping addresses)

he then makes up invalid claims to ebay as well.  I have been in contact wit paypal and ebay to keep my integrity and 100% feedback rating .But ,there are several replies on this sellers feedback page that mirror similar behaviour to how I was treated by this person.

Caveat Emptor!!!!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Unprofessional seller has made fraudulent claims because I would not remove negative feedback.

The seller's sold items are listed with the GSP. Clearly the seller did not know this and it seems you did not spot it either, hence the comedy of misunderstandings. The false shipping address was probably Erlanger Kentucky.

Your feedback is removable, since it relates to shipping a GSP item. The seller probably does not know this, though.

What a mess. To confirm my diagnosis, please post the item number.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

thanks,

thats exactly what the address is......after reading complaints from other buyers in his feedback section......I will accept the refund and carry on.........some of his products are not as described and in poor condition. I will purchase form amazon....new ,without the insults from this seller.  Hopefully,others read my feedback and do likewise.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

if you read this sellers feedback page,it appaulling calling various buyers childish names......who have complained about his service or product.

After reading these comments from him and his insults toward me in his emails........I will be using ebay for my purchases as a last resort....
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The seller cannot refund all the money paid for a GSP item. Only the part they received. The seller needs to send you a mutual cancellation request which will trigger a refund of the whole amount paid.

You should also retract the negative FB, as it seems the seller was as confused as you are and had no desire or intent to mess you about. As you can see by the fact that I knew the address you seem to think was an attempt to defraud you, I do know what was going on and it was not sinister.

If you want to blame someone blame ebay for roping in sellers who have no idea they are recruited and no idea what to do about it.

You can still buy from sellers who do not use the GSP.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

he was very rude to me......insulting me and bullying......I don't need that and wouldn't expect it if I bought the same item from a retailer.......so the negative feedback will remain.

I read through his numerous negative feedbacks from other purchasers/buyers......it's unfortunate that Ebay allows these type of people onto Ebay.......it has really turned me off making another purchase.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

it's unfortunate that Ebay allows these type of people onto Ebay.......

Hard to refuse membership when the person had done nothing "yet".

However, part of the purpose of the feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings system is to have a method of booting the baddies.

By opening Disputes we also put these people on eBay's radar.

Sellers have similar recourse. We can automatically Block bidders who have Unpaid Item Strikes for example.

There are intermittent calls for a "Blocked Seller List" , so that buyers are not annoyed by sellers they never want to deal with, but so far eBay has not moved on that.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

We only ever hear one side of the story. The fact that this was a GSP sale where neither party understood what this implied could be expected to make a modest misunderstanding flare to all out war, as both parties rage at their own frustrated ignorance.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

no in this case.......the GSP was just a small part of the equation.......I went through his feedback list.......he was name calling other buyers for various reasons........and noticed a definite pattern....... he is an uneducated,childish bully.............and gets off on acting unprofessional towards his buyers when they don't do as he dictates................it's too bad he makes other sellers get tarnished as well.......I haven't purchased anything off of ebay since this altercation........but have made retail and online purchases through amazon for the identical item i would have purchased through this seller.

And I didn't get called names from amazon.........

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Seakayakerbruce,

This kind of shopping experience is pretty dismal, isn't it? 

Crazy, you bet! But this is what Ebay has turned into. Very hard to believe this from a reputable site. 

Even though you say the GSP is only a small part of the equation it is 100% to blame for your current Ebay woes, as you would not have seen this listing unless it had been listed under the GSP.

Sadly, international buyers are often seeing the listings of the least competent sellers because of the way the GSP has been introduced by stealth on this site.  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

agreed, it was GSP that caused the problem,however the other people who have complained about this particular seller didn't have any GSP issues......he's a scam artist......who misrepresents his items.  He also bullies his buyers in his replies,calling them names.

It was his condescending attitude and his childish name calling and his threats that upset me.......had he been a professional and explained that he had made a mistake due to his incompetence as a seller,I could have accepted that.

In my profession,if I showed a lack of professionalism or incompetence I would be terminated and loose my career.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

seakayakerbruce,you said:

no in this case.......the GSP was just a small part of the equation.......I went through his feedback list.......he was name calling other buyers for various reasons........and noticed a definite pattern....... he is an uneducated,childish bully.....

You must have gone through his feedback after you purchased from him otherwise,I don't know what prompted you to buy anything from this seller if you had already read his FB?

Don't get me wrong,I'm on your side as far as him crossing the line and calling you names but to be fair,that feedback should have raised a red flag.

The way some sellers respond to negative (sometimes unfair) feedback speaks volume on how they might behave toward you as a potential customer.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I read his feedback after.......I wish I had done it in the first place,usually I check scores but I got complacent.......
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I've been o.k. - never had a seller calling me names, etc.  That's awful...................BUT the very first thing I do ALWAYS before purchasing is go through their FB.  However "excited" you may be that you've found what you really want and the price is right - ALWAYS do that.  They do not ship to Canada?  I just move on, but again, if their FB is good and it's what you really want, you should definitely msg. the seller first whether it be an auction or BIN. to ask (politely) can they do this for you.  I got all this advice (and more) from my very first transaction from a gem of a seller in eastern Canada. I told her I was a "newbie" and she took the time to really lay out what I should and shouldn't do.  Without her, I may have run into problems, but never have.  We still "talk" now and then.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply