Unsold Listings Have Just Disappeared !!!

Was just relisting some Sell Similars from the FP Promo that is just ending from Last Month.

Listed a few of the Unsold Listings, went back & all the other Unsold Listings from the last thirty minutes are gone.

Not in Deleted Items, not anywhere & I know I did not delete them accidently from Unsold Listings.

Have never seen this previously.

Help, this could be a lot of work.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Unsold Listings Have Just Disappeared !!!

'bb' -- I wonder if this information will help you -- See Post #3 on this thread (from 'pococomputing').  

As usual, I think he has a lot of the answers when it comes to eBay and technology!  I call him my "genie in a bottle").  Hopefully this will be the answer to your issue too: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Sold-listings-on-eBay-page/m-p/286208#M37130

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Click on your "other items" , then go to "completed" on the left hand side.  You will see all the listings that expired.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

rosscd57 reported a similar issue an hour ago

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Sold-listings-on-eBay-page/m-p/286191#U286191

Maybe a temporary eBay glitch in the making.

I can see my UnSold in My eBay and Selling manager but I have only one UnSold.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I don't know whether you're using Selling Manager (or SM Pro), but my SM now has a "Drafts" section that allows you to hold listings until you're ready to put them up live.  I believe it will hold things much longer time than the "Unsold" list.  

Besides keeping the odd draft listing I'm working on, I use it to store items I plan to list when there's a promo, which helps to keep those separate from my ordinary unsold items that I relist on a regular basis.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I had such a disappearance once and discovered these lost items while signed in on eBay.com (I am selling thru eBay.ca only)

I do not know if this is a recipe for your case, but you should try - will take only a minute.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thanks Gang.

Had to do some chores, just checked, & for some reason they are all back in Unsold. 

Obviously a Glitch as I have never encountered this previously.

Oh well, back to relisting.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I don't know whether you're using Selling Manager (or SM Pro), but my SM now has a "Drafts" section that allows you to hold listings until you're ready to put them up live.  I believe it will hold things much longer time than the "Unsold" list.  

Besides keeping the odd draft listing I'm working on, I use it to store items I plan to list when there's a promo, which helps to keep those separate from my ordinary unsold items that I relist on a regular basis.  

Drafts have limits now. When they came out a few months ago and were in an eBay Seller Update, you were supposed to be able to have unlimited drafts. This has apparently changed without notice recently.

Check this eBay.ca help page

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

Here on eBay.com help page

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

Both have the same wording

Regardless of where you started your listing, you can access your draft either on your home computer or on your mobile device.

• You can have up to 5 drafts at a time.

• If you add a draft after reaching the limit of 5, your oldest draft will be dropped from the list.

• If more than 30 days have passed since the last time you edited a draft, it will be dropped from the list.

• You can delete a draft at any time by clicking the Delete link in the draft list.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

Drafts have limits now. When they came out a few months ago and were in an eBay Seller Update, you were supposed to be able to have unlimited drafts. This has apparently changed without notice recently.

Check this eBay.ca help page

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

Here on eBay.com help page

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

Both have the same wording

Regardless of where you started your listing, you can access your draft either on your home computer or on your mobile device.

• You can have up to 5 drafts at a time.

• If you add a draft after reaching the limit of 5, your oldest draft will be dropped from the list.

• If more than 30 days have passed since the last time you edited a draft, it will be dropped from the list.

• You can delete a draft at any time by clicking the Delete link in the draft list.

I think 5 drafts is for sellers not using Selling Manager. I think Selling Manager (basic and pro) users get more drafts. I am trying to find out about this. I do think a draft has a 30 day limit.

Question for the next Weekly session.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I don't know if this option has always been there or it is fairly recent but in both selling manager and on my ebay you can specify if you want to see all unsold listings, only ones that have been relisted, not relisted,  etc. If that setting gets changed, that could be a reason why the seller can't see them.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't know if this option has always been there or it is fairly recent but in both selling manager and on my eBay you can specify if you want to see all unsold listings, only ones that have been relisted, not relisted,  etc. If that setting gets changed, that could be a reason why the seller can't see them.

I noticed this option for relisted or not recently also. I think it is a new feature in the past 1 month or so.

I will eBay would announce these changes and enhancements. Not so hard to do in my opinion.

An option I would like to have is to select what eBay site listings are listed on and a filter to choose eBay.ca or eBay.com (or other sites). When bulk editing, I end up with some on the other site and it says it cannot edit these listings since I am not on the site. Not a big deal, I just go to the other site to edit. But it would be nice to filter before selecting them.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Did you go to the link I sent you?  It will take you to your unsolds.

If you don't want to use the link, go to any of your active listings, in the upper hand right corner under Seller Information, you will see "Visit Store:....." followed by "see other listings".  Click on "see other listings".  Then look in the headings on the left hand side, down to where you will see "Complete".  Click on this and all your unsold listings will come up.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I do not use the drafts feature because I had some and they disappeared. Way before the 30 days they are supposed to be kept. It might be the maximum 5 drafts rule. I do not know. Still a new feature so maybe there are glitches in it.

I use eBay scheduled listing to hold listings. The listings can only be put off for 3 weeks though. When you want to list, just bulk edit the ones you want listed and change the start time to Start Immediately to avoid paying schedule fees for store owners. For non-store sellers, scheduled listings are free. A really great feature to have for free. I have been using this "trick" for years on eBay to hold listings. Probably good for small amounts of listing from a management view.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@gifts_of_elegance wrote:

Did you go to the link I sent you?  It will take you to your unsolds.

If you don't want to use the link, go to any of your active listings, in the upper hand right corner under Seller Information, you will see "Visit Store:....." followed by "see other listings".  Click on "see other listings".  Then look in the headings on the left hand side, down to where you will see "Complete".  Click on this and all your unsold listings will come up.

No need to do all this with Selling Manager.  My "Unsold" category is always displayed clearly at the left, easily accessible with one click. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I do not use the drafts feature because I had some and they disappeared. Way before the 30 days they are supposed to be kept. It might be the maximum 5 drafts rule. I do not know. Still a new feature so maybe there are glitches in it.

I use eBay scheduled listing to hold listings. The listings can only be put off for 3 weeks though. When you want to list, just bulk edit the ones you want listed and change the start time to Start Immediately to avoid paying schedule fees for store owners. For non-store sellers, scheduled listings are free. A really great feature to have for free. I have been using this "trick" for years on eBay to hold listings. Probably good for small amounts of listing from a management view.

Actually, I don't use "Drafts" much now for the same reason you mention.  It seems they're still monkeying around with it, as with so many other things. 

Using "Scheduled Listings" as you mention is good for anyone who doesn't have a 3rd party listing management service.  I personally have always used Auctiva (which doesn't charge for scheduling), so I don't need to use eBay for that feature.  I feel the minimal monthly cost of Auctiva ($2.50) is well worth it to have a permanent place to keep all my listings and photos, and I've been using them for years with no problems.  I just don't trust eBay's programming anymore! 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

rose-dee, since you use Auctiva, you have a free Auctiva Emporium store. You have it set up with categories. I noticed that you do not use the other features like About Us, Contact Us or the Blog. I was wondering if you might increase Google searches on the Emporium using the blog. A couple of entries a week or more might get scanned by by Google. The more you blog, the emporium would rise in Google Search.

I have noticed that most Auctiva users never Blog using their Emporium store. I doubt few know it is there automatically. Start with a first entry explaining your eBay store, then topics. Keep it down to a short 20-25 line essay type feature and do it twice a week. Somehow get in some keywords for search in the essay. Keep it short, lol.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

PJ, you also use Auctiva. I see your Auctiva Emporium also does not have About Us, Contact Us and blog used. Maybe doing the same as suggested to rose-dee will help with Google searches to the Auctiva Emporium and to your eBay listings.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply