Unsuccessful attempt to cancel order of Carol DVD

lemadenis
Community Member

While placing my order for Carol DVD movie, my wife gave ma a copy for our Anniversary.

I tried to cancel the order, but could not figure out how to do so.

Would like to cancel the order since I know have a copy.

Thank you for your assistance in getting this order cancelled without any financial penalties on my part which could affect future purchases..

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello 'lemadenis', 

<< I tried to cancel the order, but could not figure out how to do so. . . .Would like to cancel the order since I know have a copy. . .  Thank you for your assistance in getting this order cancelled >>

You want to cancel your order then.   Only the individual seller from whom you purchased your item can cancel and you must use the Contact link to send him a message to do this.  

Some DVD sellers, especially if they sell in huge volumes, have their listings set up to file an Unpaid Item case automatically, and at that point a buyer must pay up or get a strike.  

Most sellers set up auto-blocks against people with 2 or more strikes, so if this happens, don't get another. 

There should be no "financial penalties" which would affect future purchases, and if you don't pay and do get a strike you can always call ebay to try to appeal it and get it removed.  

In future it may be a good idea to communicate with your wife about desired items you are considering purchasing to avoid these kinds of duplicates.  

And happy anniversary. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a member to member public Board.

It is very unlikely that your seller will ever see it.

There is a Contact Seller button on the original listing. Start there.

Most seller try to get purchases into the mail as soon as possible. If you have already paid, the item is very likely already on its way to you.

You can refuse delivery, but the seller may not refund your entire original payment. Part of that money went to the postal system and it is even possible that the seller will be charged the return postage for a refused shipment.

You can accept that stuff happens and either donate the item, pass it on as a gift, or try reselling it here.

If you have not paid, the seller may open an Unpaid Item Dispute. Bidders who do not pay get Unpaid Item Strikes against their buying accounts which make it much more difficult to buy on eBay in future.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'lemadenis', 

<< I tried to cancel the order, but could not figure out how to do so. . . .Would like to cancel the order since I know have a copy. . .  Thank you for your assistance in getting this order cancelled >>

You want to cancel your order then.   Only the individual seller from whom you purchased your item can cancel and you must use the Contact link to send him a message to do this.  

Some DVD sellers, especially if they sell in huge volumes, have their listings set up to file an Unpaid Item case automatically, and at that point a buyer must pay up or get a strike.  

Most sellers set up auto-blocks against people with 2 or more strikes, so if this happens, don't get another. 

There should be no "financial penalties" which would affect future purchases, and if you don't pay and do get a strike you can always call ebay to try to appeal it and get it removed.  

In future it may be a good idea to communicate with your wife about desired items you are considering purchasing to avoid these kinds of duplicates.  

And happy anniversary. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply