Urgent ! - a guy in romania asked me to send item to unconfirmed address

torontosales
Community Member
Hi, My friends,

I got an email here -

-----------------------------------------------------
hi, xxx
I decided to buy the unit. Please note that my confirmed address by PayPal is from Turkey but shipment will be done to Romanian address(also written by my PayPal's account). I'm Turkish citizen who lives in Romania for a temporary time.
------------------------------------------------------

is there any risk selling the item to this guy?
the item is about $89, this guy registered on ebay since sep 2004,but only have 1 feedback point.

thanks,

Torontosales
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

jakeeangel
Community Member
Are you serious? Romania - 99.9% chance of scam.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
so how can this guy cheat me? he has to pay by paypal first and then I will ship the item to him, what's trap?

thanks,

Torontosales
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
It could be a fake PayPal notice and if it's not, he can file a claim for non-receipt. You didn't ship to the confirmed address and are not covered for anything. Plus you likely won't have a tracking number. You lose on both counts.

What's the item? The Romanian address is a typical scam. You'll lost the item and the money.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
They could have hijacked someone's PayPal account, claim unauthorized use, stolen credit card....all kinds of things. Old scam. Seach the discussion boards or even google it.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be more generous and say there only a 95% chance you will get burned.

I have a better idea, send the unit to me, I won't pay either but at least you'll know it went to a good home!
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

:^O
Good one !
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

dawg422
Community Member
I would stay away from this. If it feels like a scam it probably is. Also submit it to ebay to determine if it is fraud

Mel
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

submitoffice.com
Community Member
I had this bad experience recently... the guy paid by paypal, he sent me lot of message and push me tell him the tracking number. thre package sent to germany.. shipping fee by canadapost is $50 ... I sent him the tracking number, after few days, they file the buyer dispute in paypal. Dame..... I can't get the package back, and paypal hold my money. but the question is, when I check the tracking, it said on hold in their post office. Is ebay doing thing right now so they tell them to hold the package? So beware to doing this business.

Today, I got another money on hild by paypal, I'l lucky that this time I haven't sent the item, I checked the buyer is new , only 2 days old, and he bought 2 big $$ item, I feel that it may fraud, so 2 days later, paypal hold the money... then I left negative feedback to that buyer to beware other seller... the buyer contact me again he said he can pay again by paypal, he is very stupid... 1st, he doesn't have confirmed address, and he doesn't want to pay by other method, and warning me that take off the negative feedback.. I won't do it until paypal release the money...

So, very very be careful.. my 1st experience is, the buyer got 138 good feedback, so I trust.. but make sure when you ship your item, make sure ship to confirmed address, otherwise, no protection... or ask for other payment method....
Message 9 of 9
latest reply