V1 Discount Expedited Parcel USA

llee2
Community Member
Ok, here's the scoop for those of you who have tried sending Expedited Parcel USA with a V1 card in the last couple of days. Apparently there was a bug in the new CP download that excluded a small business rate for Expedited USA. The fix is supposedly in the works and CP outlets are being informed about it and how to get around the bug. If you have sent parcels at the regular rate, keep your receipts and call CP's V1 support line and they will issue you a credit for the 5% differences.

Lincoln
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

aa-surplus
Community Member
To add to this,

I had this issue BUT the postal office made me pay regular rate and then gave me 5% back in cash while I was at the postal office. yes they have some bugs they have to work out.

aa-surplus
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I was charged the extra too, but I was told "This is part of the new pricing structure!'

Gotta love the PO.

Ann
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
The fix is available. Have the counter person enter the state only rather than the zip code. It will still allow the discount for V1.

Cheers

Bill

Bill

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. It saved me some $$$ today.

Michael

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
I was told it was discontinued. "Tough luck!"

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
I got the same response from the CP rep to my RPO who just happened to be there when I wandered in spoiling for a fight.

It started to get a little loud between us so she instructed the counterperson to call the RPO Help Centre. She did and immediately learned of the "work around". When I turned to the CP rep to get my apology she had magically vanished into the drug store crowd.

What a bunch of weasels...

Bill

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Glad I could help Michael... make mine a large with double milk and a single sweetener. :<)

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Here ya go Bill. I even threw in a donut!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
ooooohh!

DONUT!

Bill

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

cartechsolutionscom
Community Member
excellent!

I was quite annoyed when they told me the business rate is no longer offered!

I'm on the phone with CP right now, getting my %5 back now!
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
My guy couldn't do it even just putting in the state code (but they just took over the outlet recently and don't know huge amounts yet anyway). However, the folks at CP are very nice about it and i will (eventually) get a refund. They said it SHOULD be fixed tomorrow, but I registered all my overpayments with the nice lady. FOrtunately, I'm just getting back up after Xmas and there aren't many large parcels (yet). Thanks for the tip though. GLoria
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I have a new guy at my Postal Outlet (just taken over by new people) and he's a bit lazy....but Canada post seems intent upon keeping people like us happy and a nice Customer Service lady named Sheila called me back this morning and when I told her that my guy wasn't interested in the workaround, she called him and told him to get interested!! Another guy called from CP Friday and is going to send me a book of stamps for my troubles (only 4 US Expedited since this whole fiasco started, so I'm still ahead!). No fix in as of this morning in NS.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
I Informed my local cp outlet of this workaround..

They tried it and I 'believe' the V1 discount was applied, but honest to G-d, who knows any more?!

I said it b4, brokerage fees when the items are duty free, fuel surcharges for exports that go to USPS, improper handling of legitimate volume & incentive discounts, roll outs of services that are incomplete but charge full price. There are Millions of dollars in illegitimate collectiions going on at CP and class action by Canadian Businesses would win.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply