VERY EXPENSIVE TO BIUY FROM THE STATES

WOW  it is getting so expensive now to buy on E Bay... Yes the Canadian dollar is very low but when you see E Bay sellers sending one die cast car through the UPS at $50.. to $70.00  WOW that is ROBBERY. I bet that a lot of Canadians are not buying as much on here. I know I am not anymore it has gotten to EXPENSIVE.The item is $10.00 or so and the shipping is 4-5  times as much. I am buying now local and saving a lot of Canadian money and NOT giving it to the UNITED STATES.

-------------------------------------------- Patrick  12/25/14   @ 5.52  pm  Thursday

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: VERY EXPENSIVE TO BIUY FROM THE STATES

That type that uses ridiculous $50 -$70 ups do not where Canada is. They think it is by kazakhstan or along that lines.

I have been all over the states many many times for extended durations and a good majority of them are dumb as toast.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, it is very expensive to buy from the US.and even in Canada because of the exchange rate along with it being charged on the shipping cost as well.  Most US. sellers use the Global shipping program and when I contact them to ask if they would send it another way, I am told they do not wish to deal with custom forms and would rather send it to an approved ebay shipping center in the US.  

I try to calculate what the item will cost me approximately and am always shocked when I check out and pay.  Paypal seems to add an extra fee on top of it all.   Unfortunately, I cannot find the items I'm looking for locally here in Canada but I have reduced my buying from the US considerably until our dollar is valued at what it should be...a dollar.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A loonie is worth a dollar.

Or 85 cents USD.

Or  $1.05 Australian dollars

Or  $1.14 Singapore dollars

Or $1.72 Barbados dollars

Or 55 British pence

Or 71 Euro cents.

'Dollar' is just a name.

There are many good reasons for our currency not to be tied to that of any other country. Actually that is why the UK kept its own currency when it joined the European Community.

One of the great problems in the last financial meltdown in the EU was that most of the countries did use the same currency, putting a fairly stable country like Germany in the same boat as a weak country like Greece.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply