VERY IMPORTANT phone call regarding my business and Ebay??

customcharmsonline
Community Member
So my husband picks up the phone tonight to hear an automated voice message stating that it is very important that I get a pen and paper and phone the following number 1.866.xxx.xxxx in regards to my business and Ebay. I call the number and it says it is unavailable in my area! So I call Ebay Power seller support and they cant figure out who called me either!! the guy helping me on the phone calls the number himself to see what he can find out and it turns out that it is a Packaging Product Company!

I have never done business with the comapny calling me and am VERY curious as to how they got my home phone number and why the heck they are phoning me at night!!! Anyone else getting unsolicited phone calls pretending they are calling in regards to Ebay?

I cant even find this company online anywhere!!

huh.... weird anyways :O)

Hope yall are ready for christmas :O) LOL
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

jakeeangel
Community Member
It's very easy to get anyone's phone number when they have your name. Online phone search. Or it's another version of phishing except with the phone and not an email. Sooner or later they're bound to run into someone who sells on eBay.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I believe eBay sells our names and phone numbers to "partner" companies.

I don't think you should ever believe an automated caller asking you to phone them back. If there was an urgent need for eBay to contact you, they would email or phone you. They wouldn't have a machine call you and say "hello sir and/or madame... bzzzt... your eBay and/or PayPal account is in grave danger... click click click... you must immediately call 1900SCAMYOU in order to reactive your account... beep click bzzt..."

Just ignore things like that. And the slightly better attempts as well. 😛
Message 3 of 3
latest reply