Video Game Reselling

elliefrombrockville
Community Member
Just curious if anyone else on this forum sells video games. I am currently trying to do this. How have your sales been lately? I find that the older vintage games seems to sell better than the newer ones. Also, where do you get your video games? To date, I have been buying in large lots off of eBay and then reselling them individually. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Video Game Reselling

grade_a_consignments
Community Member
Ellie you have a lot more experience than I do, so just ignore my comments if you want to, but 2 things come to mind when I read your post: 1 - No eBay seller is going to tell you their source of products knowing that you will become more of a competitor if you get that info, and 2 - eBay wholesale lots is not your best place to find products for resale.

The reason I say that is most eBay "wholesalers" are sellers who had to purchase a large quantity of the product they sell to get better prices and want a quick return on a portion of what they spent. In other words they are middle men, and you need to find a way to cut out those middle men.

For example I just received 192 dog harnesses from a supplier, other eBay resellers are advertising these at $6.95 each or large quantities for as little as $3.95 each. My total cost including shipping to Canada was about 90 cents each. I'll start my listing at $2.99 each and beat the heck out of anyone who thinks they are getting a super deal buying them for $3.95.

Ebay selling is quite a learning experience. I can say that I have spent about a year and a half studying ebay before I started selling, and have been selling for about 6 months now, and haven't really made anything lol.

I got ripped off by attemting to purchase from overseas at prices that were too good to be true. That was a hard lesson, I lost about $2500.00. The police file was a dead end.

I am not giving up though. I strongly believe that if others can do it, so can I. Ellie we just need to find the right product at the right price, and offer the right amount of customer service, and learn from others.

Just one more thing Ellie, - are you interested in wholesale dog harnesses? I have 50 available for only $2.50 each... Since no business is allowed here, I am just kidding.

Ralph
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Video Game Reselling

elliefrombrockville
Community Member
Hello,

I want to thank you for such an excellent posting. It made a great deal of sense.

I really enjoy selling video games, so think I will stick with that. Of course, I would never turn down something else if the opportunity presented itself. 🙂
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Video Game Reselling

Excellent postings, guys! A real exchange of business experience and ideas which is pleasant to read 🙂
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Video Game Reselling

i_spotdeals
Community Member
Hey Ellie,

I'm pretty sure you're on CGCC but I can't remember your username. In any case, vintage games is a lot more profitable than New-gen games without a doubt. However, I'm indeed running out of games to sell so I've thrown in a mix and now ventured off to different items. Good luck 🙂
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Video Game Reselling

elliefrombrockville
Community Member
On CGCC, I'm known as GabbyTheGamer 🙂

For other video game collectors reading this thread, you might want to check out the site:

www.cgcc.ca
Message 6 of 6
latest reply