WELL I SEE NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT E BAY SELLERS CHARGING OUTRAGEOUS PRICES ON SHIPPING....

4 REPLIES 4

WELL I SEE NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT E BAY SELLERS CHARGING OUTRAGEOUS PRICES ON SHIPPING....

Don't like the shipping prices then try to negotiate a ;ower price with the seller or Just Move On and don't bid.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Canada post charges outrageous pricing as they are greedy unlike the states where they can ship much more reasonably 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

LOL.. Google USPS's last 3 fiscal reports and tell me if their policy of subsidizing US postage costs are sustainable. 20% of USPS postage cost is paid by US taxpayers, not the shipper! Sure, Canada Post is more expensive, but they're not 'Greedy'; they're just making customers pay for the full cost of the shipping, just like Private companies like FedEx and UPS. There was a big uproar recently when USPS announced that they were contemplating canceling Saturday delivery service nationally. Overall, mail usage has dropped 60% in the last 15 years and some areas in the US still get mail service 6 days a week? Talk about stuck in the last century.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it depends on what you mean by "outrageous prices" on shipping. 

For my expensive items, I use mail service with tracking number and insurance.  There is no way I can ship them without tracking number or insurance or both at any time for my expensive items.  I am sure that many of us sellers don't make profits on shipping costs.

As for "outrageous prices", it can be for those sellers who use GSP (Global Shipping Program) when in fact they could have use E-Delcon with eBay Shipping which provides reasonable postage rates and all with tracking number.

Lots of  US sellers don't realize that their listings opt in with GSP until we tell them, so prefer to use GSP.  GSP may be ideal for expensive and large items but not ideal for small and light items like photos, magazines, trading card, etc.

Lot of US sellers also don't realize that they can use E-Delcon with eBay Shipping, this deal is offered to US sellers as of January 24, 2013, posted on eBay announcement.  I wish Canada Post would offer us the similar deal especially the ones with tracking number at reasonable rates.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply