WHOA - SOMETHING NEW WHEN MAKING A PURCHASE?

I bought an item apx. a month ago and everything was the same, in that I confirmed I wanted it, logged into Paypal and paid.

Today I purchased an item, confirmed I wanted it and boom - didn't ask me to log in to Paypal and pay!  Obviously I checked in my Purchase History and yes, it's paid for.  I was astounded!

This is new obviously, anyone else noticed same?  Just seems so strange to me!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@2011limey1 wrote:

I bought an item apx. a month ago and everything was the same, in that I confirmed I wanted it, logged into Paypal and paid.

Today I purchased an item, confirmed I wanted it and boom - didn't ask me to log in to PayPal and pay!  Obviously I checked in my Purchase History and yes, it's paid for.  I was astounded!

In eBay or in PayPal? Did you log into PayPal and check for the PayPal transaction?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Maybe I WAS unconscious!  I definitely tend to purchase at very odd times - sometimes 3:00 a.m. and such!  Only thing I can think of!  

Thanks everyone!  I'll mark this as a Solution - because I can't think of anything else!   

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This was a BIN?

You went to pay and it was paid for automatically by... your account?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I purchased and paid for an auction item last night and nothing unusual about the way I had to pay for it. I had to sign in to my paypal acct as always before paying for the item.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@2011limey1 wrote:

Today I purchased an item, confirmed I wanted it and boom - didn't ask me to log in to PayPal and pay!  Obviously I checked in my Purchase History and yes, it's paid for.  I was astounded!

In eBay or in PayPal? Did you log into PayPal and check for the PayPal transaction?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I didn't think you could pay with paypal without logging in.this is not good,isn't paypal suppose to contact and verify the charge anyway?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Exactly - it was a BIN and went straight through - without me having to log in to Paypal.  I've been away for a couple of days but I'll be calling Paypal to see what the heck happened - I don't like that at all!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"it was a BIN and went straight through - without me having to log in to Paypal. "

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago.

Purchased two fixed price listings (one in US$, the other in €).  Paid the first one after being asked to log in at PayPal as usual.  The second payment, a few minutes later, went right through without being asked to log in.

I guess it had to do with the fact I had recently logged in at PayPal and there was no need to log in a second time, minutes later.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"I guess it had to do with the fact I had recently logged in at PayPal and there was no need to log in a second time, minutes later."

But shouldn't Pay Pal have you confirm total is correct (for 2nd item)? What if total was wrong but went through anyway?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The odd time I've phoned Paypal they have been very courteous and knowledgeable.  This time the person I spoke to didn't know the answer so she got her her Supervisor.  She was also dumbfounded, obviously she said this is NOT a new thing.  She asked had I changed my Paypal password recently and yes I had as I was getting phishing emails. But obviously this still shouldn't have happened.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This happened to me recently .... just once.  I chalked it up to being distracted and logging in unconsciously.  Seems I wrong.  Just another unexplainable glitch, I guess.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Maybe I WAS unconscious!  I definitely tend to purchase at very odd times - sometimes 3:00 a.m. and such!  Only thing I can think of!  

Thanks everyone!  I'll mark this as a Solution - because I can't think of anything else!   

Message 11 of 11
latest reply