WHY DOES EBAY NOT MAKE THERE EMAIL VISIBLE

BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE EMAILING THEM...

QUESTION

WHEN YOU LIST AN ITEM WITH A RESERVE PRICE, THERE IS A FEE... IF THE ITEM DOESN'T SELL DO YOU STILL GET CHARGED THE RESERVE FEE

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You do not need to email eBay to find an answer to your question.

Simply click on "help & contact" link (top of the page, enter "fees" in the box, then follow the link giving you all the information you need, then read it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

"In addition to the advanced listing upgrades above, the following upgrades are specific just to auction-style listings. "

Reserve price (in C$ or US$)

Add a minimum price that must be met for your item to sell.

Listing fees, optional fees - including having a reserve - are charged to the account of the seller at time of listing and are not refunded, whether the item sells or not: 

Other terms

• Insertion fees and advanced listing upgrade fees apply to each listing you create, are charged at the time of listing or relisting, as applicable, and are nonrefundable.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I FOLLOWED THE LINK AND LOOKED AROUND FOR ABOUT 20 MINS AND STILL COULD NOT FIND THIS LINE.

Listing fees, optional fees - including having a reserve - are charged to the account of the seller at time of listing and are not refunded, whether the item sells or not: 

They can sure hide the obvious questions people might have, they could highlight it in Red at the very top of the page under reserve fee`s., but it like they want to hide so people get caught and need to pay..

They have a  CONTACT US button, but you will never get to contact them, because they want you to search for the answers, no matter how long it takes.. and they don't want to be flooded with millions of emails, so basically your on your own.

My reserve price would cost me 18.46 ... so i think i will pass...

Thanks for finding the answer.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You could not find it?

It is right there, under the heading

Other terms

near the bottom of the page

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

OK SO I COPY AND PASTED ALL THE TEXT FROM .......OTHER TERMS...  DO YOU SEE THE LINE  ,Listing fees, optional fees - including having a reserve - are charged to the account of the seller at time of listing and are not refunded, whether the item sells or not:  BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DONT SEE IT..

Other terms

• Insertion fees and advanced listing upgrade fees apply to each listing you create, are charged at the time of listing or relisting, as applicable, and are non refundable. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews. If you select more than one category for your listing, insertion and advanced listing upgrade fees apply for each category.

• Not all listing upgrades are available with every listing tool and not all advanced listing upgrades, when purchased, may be displayable across all our sites, services, applications, and tools.

• We require payment in full each month on accounts with an amount due of $1 or more. If you haven't paid the amount due by the payment due date each month, late fees may apply. Learn more about payment requirements, due dates, and late fees.

• We may limit the exposure of duplicate auction-style listings to encourage a positive buyer experience. If you list duplicate, identical auction-style listings, you'll be charged the full insertion fee and any fees for optional advanced listing upgrades for each listing even if a listing doesn't appear on eBay for the full duration of the listing. See the duplicate listings policy for more information.

• Seller fees don't purchase exclusive rights to web pages on eBay. We may, in our sole discretion and without consent from or payment to sellers, display third-party advertisements (including links and references thereto) and listings from other sellers on any eBay web page.

• When you submit your listing, it might not appear immediately in a keyword or category search. This can take up to 24 hours. Therefore, we can't guarantee exact listing durations.

• All fees are in US or Canadian dollars.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

"BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DONT SEE IT.."

It is right there in your list.  First paragraph:

"Insertion fees and advanced listing upgrade fees apply to each listing you create, are charged at the time of listing or relisting, as applicable, and are non refundable."

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The wording you see is slightly different than what Pierre wrote but they say exactly the same thing.  You should see that reserve  fees are listed under Advanced Listing Upgrade Fees.

Other terms

• Insertion fees and advanced listing upgrade fees apply to each listing you create, are charged at the time of listing or relisting, as applicable, and are non refundable.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Oops, posted before I saw your latest post.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

That's a first!  Usually your fingers are much faster than mine. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hang on a second.

When I list a widget, and get down to the bottom of the first page, eBay tells me what my incurred non-refundable fees are. THEN, I go to the next page, and before I "list", eBay tells me what the non-refundable incurred fees are.

Then, THEN, it is my choice to list knowing what the invoked non-refundable fees are.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

On a slightly different note.

While new sellers often 'need' to use a Reserve, they should be aware of a couple of things.

The opening bid is a Reserve, because no one can bid less than that. And that 'reserve' is free.

Many potential bidders will backbutton if they see a Reserve, figuring that they  don't have time to waste and have other similar items to choose instead.

(ie; If the item has an opening price of $100 and a hidden reserve of $1000, a bidder would have to wait perhaps the full seven days of the auction to learn that his $500 bid had been ignored, meanwhile missing a similar item listed at $500 without reserve.)

If there is a price you must get, use Fixed Price instead and set your price at your Reserve. You can list at FP for 30 days, giving your item much longer to be found for the same fee as an auction.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I got my questioned answered, but my point is Ebay don't make it easy..i guess thats why there is message boards.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member
The answer is yes.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply